Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 01:29 AM

Default 20/40 - Tried getting tricky with rockets

Table is very laggy ATM. My image is super weak, in 300 hands or so I'm 21 VPIP and down 40-50BB getting nothing going at all, mostly folding anything after the flop. I'm kinda semi-tilt already TBH as 87s hole cards are a monster this session.

MP is 55/33/1.7 and raising any two connected or one gapped at the moment, capping T5o or 54o from the BB and running hotter than the sun. Since he's cold calling the same range as he's raising, I decided to get tricky and build a bigger pot PF...

BB is rather new to the table, played with him before, but haven't got numbers. He's laggy though and definitely on war with MP as he sucked out on him twice since he sat, berating going on as usual.

I limp with AA UTG, MP raises, 3 fold, BB calls, I 3-bet, all call.

Flop 863 r

BB check, I bet, MP call, BB call.

Turn 8 r

BB check, I bet, MP raise, BB 3-bet (!)

F me here. MP is exactly where I wanted to have him, he's got nothing, but would call my 3-bet in an instant with 2 cards, I believe.

Am I showing down as pot is 12BB now?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: 20/40 - Tried getting tricky with rockets

A weak player might fold...

Seriously, I might, although unlikely, fold AA on a passive table with this reraising scenario. However, given your story on the table is a strong initiative for me to go on. MP could have x3 or whatever..., BB can have strong draw, x3 to or maybe slowplayed KK-99. If your bankroll can't handle to call down a pot like this and lose (because you prob. lose at least 50% of the time) you should fold or go down in levels. I'd call it down.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:43 AM

Bankroll is no issue, big bets are the only concern. I've been getting run over the past couple of days, therefore the image can be weak for sure. However it's hard to call down with 9 high most times on AQx kind of boards...
Old 06-01-2007, 03:57 AM

Id call it down because I think it's +EV against these two opps. Might re-evaluate if I get heavy sandwiched.

If your on a downstrek go down in levels and build confidence regardsless of bankroll... Play some 1/2 or 3/6 for fun.

I went broke early this year in the sickest downswing, now I'm running hotter than hell. The swings are absurd.