Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 12:41 AM

Default 25NL - A little lost here with QQ facing aces on the board

What made this hard is that villain is not a total donk. He's 23/8/2/23. A little light on PF aggression I guess. I was trying to think of what he would limp/call with PF and I didn't really know. Could be a PP. Could be an ace I guess, although i'd expect him to fold weaker aces to my raise, and raise with stronger ones rather than limp. Connectors? Two broadways? I don't know.

Since I didn't have a clue where I was at in the hand, I decided to cut my losses and get out.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($11.40)
CO ($39.80)
Button ($29.30)
Hero ($24.65)
BB ($23.50)
UTG ($9.10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, CO calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5.25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $13.75
Old 05-31-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: 25NL - A little lost here with QQ facing aces on the board

Villain could be just as scared of the second Ace as you are. Like you said, he could easily have a PP (like, 77 or 88), and floats the flop to see what you do on the turn.

I think I'd bet the turn and fold to a raise / check the river when villain calls.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:01 AM

I think that whether or not to fire the turn here depends on whether you think villain will try to to take it away from you if you check. If villain is passive enough to check behind on the turn then I'll check turn and value bet most rivers - I find that this doesnt get played back at much. If villain will try to steak with 77-JJ when checked to then I'd be more inclined to lead and fold to a raise.

If I lead turn and villain calls I puke. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 03:08 AM

In situations like theese I usually look at villains folded to flop bet number. If it is high, I give him more credit for floating the flop.

I'd normally not fire again on the turn here because it's not really worth it and you are building a big pot OOP.

Villain has a moderatley low postflop agression factor, so actually I'm giving him credit for an ace/boat here.

If you see a tendency that villain will typically float your flop bet and then take it on the turn though, start doing something about it. Example: When you hit, say, tptk after raising preflop, lead flop, check turn and raise all-in over his stab.