Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Quick PT question

Have decided to finally get PokertTracker as am now playing more than just casually.
However, I'm an idiot when it comes to understanding anything technically minded to do with PCs, so was just wondering if there is a sticky somewhere that walks you through downloading and setting up PokerTracker and PokerAce, or is it all pretty self explanatory on the site?
I just had a look at the site and was unsure what I needed to be clicking on. It says there is a new patch to deal with the Party upgrade. What the hell is a patch? Do I need it after downloading PT, or do I just want that on its own?

Any help for a clueless technophobe appreciated.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Quick PT question

You will want to click on the Full Versions link to go to the main download page.

A patch is an upgrade file that fixes bugs/holes in the previous version of the program. Once you get PT running, and then something doesn't seem to be working right, check to see if there is a new patch that can be downloaded that might fix it.

PokerAce also has a link to the download page on it's website. Check for PokerAce patches on the forum section of it's website under Beta Testing.