Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 02:01 PM

Default bottom two and oesd vs hyrer agro jamming the flop

Guy has been playing extremely agro but nothing out of control. Raised like 96% of the buttons and have seem him betting his big hands and draws the same.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($231.25)
BB ($105.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB calls $2.

Flop: ($6) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $17.7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero??
Old 05-29-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: bottom two and oesd vs hyrer agro jamming the flop

i think i would call this and reevaluate on the turn, if he checks when a heart comes you can try to steal the pot. the bottom two are not that good of a hand if he has an ace or any pair with a flush draw.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:37 PM

Villian is staind_gla$$. Not sure if anyone has played him but he is the most hyper agressive player I've ever played.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:08 PM

Call. Most likely fold turn if he bets out reasonable, unless you boat up, or make a straight.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:28 AM

Maybe weak-tight, but I don't know if it's even worth calling here. Your hand is so easily dominated and given that he seems like a good player (extremely aggressive HU but nothing out of control + betting draws and made hands the same) you are likely to either be a small favourite or a big dog.

The flush draw changes things a fair bit because it means that even a naked nut flush draw is only about a 60/40 dog at most to you, and if he has the flush draw plus an A he's a favourite. Best case scenario is something like 89Tx with no flush draw where you're like a 2:1 favourite.

If he's playing hyper-aggressive, you obviously need to make a stand but I think you need something that is a bit stronger to push back. So I'd toss up between calling and folding, although folding seems like it could be a better option if he's just going to pot any turn.