Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Suggest a gambling game for my group

We have a group of 4 of us that play golf a lot together. Two of us shoot average in the low 80s one of us shoots in the mid 90s and the other one shoots in the low 100s (105-110). We usually have been playing 5$ skins excluding the 100shooter and giving the 95 shooter a stroke on the par 4s. At this point we are lookin for a new game that can include the 4th person and still make the game about even for all of us.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Suggest a gambling game for my group

Wolf.

Flip a tee on the first tee box to decide the batting order. It rotates every hole; 1,2,3,4 on hole 1, 2,3,4,1 on hole 2, 3,4,1,2 on hole 3, etc.

The guy who tees off first each hole has several options, all based on a "dot" system.

All four players tee off, and the guy who hit first gets to choose who he wants on his team for that particular hole (based on who has the best drive, or who's stroking, etc.). So it will be the guy who hit first and his chosen partner vs. the other two players; whichever team has the lowest individual net score on that hole wins a dot on the scorecard.

The guy who tees off first can also "howl" after he hits his tee shot (if he likes his tee shot), which means that he will play that hole against the other three players. If he wins, he gets three dots, if he loses, the other three players each receieve one.

Also, if you feel like gambling, you can "pre-howl" before you hit your tee shot, which will earn you 6 dots if you beat the other three players. If they win, they each receive two dots.

Pushes do not equal carryovers, each hole is independent of the last hole. It's also fun to mix in the trash dots, birdies/sandies, greenies, etc.

At the end of the round, tally up the dots and figure out who owes what. $0.50 dots would be reasonable for what you're looking for, I think.

If I missed any details of this game, which I probably did, someone else chime in and help me out.

Also, it's very important to the game to howl like a wolf when you're announcing your intentions on the tee box.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:58 PM

Honest John

Good game for large groups (multiple foursomes)and wide handicap groups

Everyone declares the score they will shoot for the day (knowing that they will get automatic pars on 2 holes each nine)

Everyone plays the round, when complete..... have the bartender, waitress, whatever pick two random holes from the front and two random holes from the back nine. Alter scorecard to give everyone pars on those four holes. (if you blowup for an 8 or 9, you may end up with par...birdies can become pars)

5 bucks a person, two dollars a stroke for every stroke under declared score (under declared score cannot win money)
5 bucks a person, one dollar for every stroke over (over declared score can win money)
pay out spots depending on size of group (one spot per 4some is about right)75-25, 60-25-15, 50-25-15-10
Hit declared score on the number...win it all.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have a group of 4 of us that play golf a lot together. Two of us shoot average in the low 80s one of us shoots in the mid 90s and the other one shoots in the low 100s (105-110). We usually have been playing 5$ skins excluding the 100shooter and giving the 95 shooter a stroke on the par 4s. At this point we are lookin for a new game that can include the 4th person and still make the game about even for all of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play this plus Bingo-Bango-Bongo.

The skins will keep the good players from sandbagging.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:13 PM

I started this thread awhile back...has some good stuff in there.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. You don't have to eliminate the guy shooting 100.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:04 AM

Wolf is good. So is left/left right/right (off the tee) and 6 hole rotation where everyone gets everyone else as a partner for 6 holes. It works for four players so you can play any number of games you want and everyone gets similar advantages/disadvantages over the course of a round.
We play lots of sets of 3 or 6 hole games on the weekends here with four players.