Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 05:12 AM

Default betting low pocket pair agressive

did i bet this hand to agressive? what should i have done different?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $18.61
BB: $6.32
<font color="black">quadaces9999 (UTG): $9.87</font>
MP: $10.77
CO: $6.32
BTN: $4.73

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> quadaces9999 is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">quadaces9999 raises to $0.25</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.25, 3 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.57) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">quadaces9999 bets $0.50</font>, CO calls $0.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($1.57) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">quadaces9999 bets $0.75</font>, CO calls $0.75

<font color="black">River:</font> ($3.07) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">quadaces9999 bets $0.55</font>, CO calls $0.55

Pot Size: $4.17 ($0.20 Rake)

CO had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and LOST (-$2.05)
quadaces9999 had 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Sixes and Threes) and WON (+$1.92)
Old 05-28-2007, 05:51 AM

Default Re: betting low pocket pair agressive

Any reads on this guy?
Bet more on the trun if you want to double barrel. I would probably give up.

I think triple barreling here is just spewing.
But if you want to bet, bet more.

Don't post results.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:19 AM

opponent is loose passive
Old 05-28-2007, 06:23 AM

Then I'm not betting as there is no way he is folding a better hand, and our hand is very weak.
Choose a better spot, TPTK or something like this, and the get three streets of value against him.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:18 AM

I second that, there will be better spots than this, especially against a station.

Flop is fine. Turn, as has been mentioned, too small, if you want to bet. I don't think firing again is a good idea, though. A call on a flop like this is probably a draw or a "he can't have hit that flop" call and in both cases you are ahead. Still, this is an uncomfortable situation on the turn. You're oop, there's the flush draw, a seven isn't really a good card, in case you need to improve, etc. And if your opponent is loose passive, he'll probably let you see a cheap showdown, and since you really don't have a strong hand here, I think it's okay to do so.

And that bet on the river ... please, don't even think about doing this again. Especially if you aren't going to call every raise here. Betting 1/6 of the pot isn't a sign of strength in itself, but add to that, that you actually lowered your betsize from turn to river .... you're begging your opponent to raise you with any two cards and you can't really call since you're not beating a hand that actually hit the board.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:49 AM

Is this suposed to be a brag? Its a bad play.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:21 AM

its not a brag. im just trying a new more agressive style of play and i really dont know much about bet sizing with this style.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:33 AM

Good aggressiveness if when you make your opponent fold when you have a second best hand.

Good aggressiveness is when you make your opponent call when he has a second best hand.

Good aggressiveness is when you make your opponent call when he has AK on QTJT9 board and you show 72o.

Aggressive play does not equal to spew. In the hand above you didnt make the best hand fold because YOU had the best hand. You did not make the worst hand stack off since he had nothing to stack off on. All it showed to someone observant is that the next time you bet half pot on the turn OOP you should be raised and you will be spewing the money.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:34 PM

i just dont know why villian called on the river with nothing. he missed his draw he should have just folded.