Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 02:18 AM

Default .50/1 NL - KK in EP, do I 4-bet?

WARNING: This post may be boring for many. I don't play much NL cash.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed)

Button ($51)
SB ($38.15)
BB ($81.15)
UTG ($98.35)
Hero ($124.55)
CO ($100)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $10.

Flop: ($30.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $22</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $52.50
Old 05-28-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: .50/1 NL - KK in EP, do I 4-bet?

Preflop OOP you need to 4-bet this, trying to build a bigger pot if he calls or shoves, or take it down right there.

Without reads, and in vaccuum flop is pretty standard. OOP with the preflop RR c-betting makes it difficult to call here.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:25 AM

His reraising range is pretty likely to have an ace, and could easily be JJ. Here I think the flop got nasty. I'd definitely bet out on this flop because without it you're inviting him to CBet you. If you don't bet out I think you have to fold to QQ, and TT and JT which just made hands and will bet out at you. Here you're betting to find information you don't have. Considering the PF 3bet tho I'd almost be willing to c/f this flop. I still t hink you need to bet out for the information but I wouldn't expect to call any reraises.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:27 AM

you can 4-bet if you like to 4-bet other hands as well, call if you don't. if you don't, bad flop for you, sorry.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Without reads, and in vaccuum flop is pretty standard. OOP with the preflop RR c-betting makes it difficult to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. This flop connected almost all the hands he's representing... AK/AQ, AA, even JJ. I'm only beating QQ and TT probably.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop OOP you need to 4-bet this, trying to build a bigger pot if he calls or shoves, or take it down right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like, to what? $30? And if he just calls, do I lead this horrendous flop or just give up?
Old 05-28-2007, 02:29 AM

I usually 4-bet preflop, but calling is fine. With a better flop, a CRAI is standard here I think.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His reraising range is pretty likely to have an ace, and could easily be JJ. Here I think the flop got nasty. I'd definitely bet out on this flop because without it you're inviting him to CBet you. If you don't bet out I think you have to fold to QQ, and TT and JT which just made hands and will bet out at you. Here you're betting to find information you don't have. Considering the PF 3bet tho I'd almost be willing to c/f this flop. I still t hink you need to bet out for the information but I wouldn't expect to call any reraises.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically you are saying he should lead out so the villain doesn't bet worse hands? LOL