Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 03:26 PM

Default TT overpair flop play

villan is a tag but pretty loose. i have notes on him on a previous sesh where called pf in pos. with K8s, flop came K62r, i c-bet he called, turn checked through and river 8, he bets, i call with like QQ or something like that. so he's willing to call with alot of hands in pos. not sure about oop though.

hero has been in line, no history with him.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $337.55
BB: $173.05
UTG: $176.20
MP: $217.95
CO: $210.70
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $336.15</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, MP folds, CO calls $2.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, SB calls $11.00, 3 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $52.00</font>, Hero ....

if you call, whats your plan on blank turns? are you playing for stacks here?

any thoughts appreciated, ill show you next street if this garners any discussion.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: TT overpair flop play

I'd just fold if I haven't seen him do this before. Stacks are a little too deep to be guessing imo.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:49 PM

given the K hand, he isn't doing this with a 9 or a pp he either has a 7 or 68 most of the time so i think its a fold. If you're calling flop you should fold to furhter aggression on turn
Old 05-26-2007, 03:50 PM

raise or fold. sometimes i min-raise his raise othertimes just muck. since he didn't raise K8 on the Kxx board I think this is more likely a bluff than a 7

edit: but that doesn't mean i'm felting (never) or calling (maybe rarely)
Old 05-26-2007, 03:51 PM

why raise delta? i hate raising here.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why raise delta? i hate raising here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he's probably doing this with a 9, other PP or air a good amount of the time and I generally don't like calling. it might not be the best thing here but if he has A9 or something I'd rather he fold it (correctly) than have to call a turn bet.

it's not always the best plan since we're 'raising for information' a lot but it sucks being bluffed off of hands and it's tough to call the flop and call a turn, unless it's a T.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM

i dont think hes playing pps like this or a 9 given the K hand. I doubt he'd turn those into a bluff that often anyway. This is air/68/7 imo
Old 05-26-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think hes playing pps like this or a 9 given the K hand. I doubt he'd turn those into a bluff that often anyway. This is air/68/7 imo

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, it's tough without a little more history of villain and maybe i'm giving him too much credit for no reason, but c/r on a board like this is a bluff a lot of the time for the very reason that we're considering a fold- it's tough to continue. but realistically in my experience vary few villains would actually play a big hand like this, especially a bad/passive one because 'omg slowplay!!' which is why i'm inclined to believe that action on this board is generally air/small PP, etc. and if we call here we fold the turn always and if we fold here I think we're giving him too much credit (but maybe that's where i'm thinking about the villain in a bad way- maybe this is the type of villain to c/r the flop w/ trips or a FH or something). Making a small raise here effectively lets us fold to a shove saving some stack, protects our hand versus a bluff. If he just calls our raise we can get a cheaper showdown, etc. I'm not saying it's right versus this villain since i may have misjudged him but it's a decent play i employ a lot.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:14 PM

Why does everyone think the K hand has anything to do with how he would play a pair on this hand?

The board is paired and some people get wacky on paired boards, and I think that's probably unrelated to how he plays unpaired boards.

It's true he might often be bluffing here, but he also might have a hand like 55, where he knows that overcards are actually drawing pretty strong against him (any 9, 7, running cards &gt; 5, + the 6 overcards), so he wants them to fold.

Any reads on how he plays the turn? If he's the type who gives up when called I am inclined to call now and value bet the river if he checks the turn.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:28 PM

no read on the turn, that note was relatively unrelated, but i think it shows that he is a bit looser than most tag players.