Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 11:43 AM

Default NL50 flopped nuts 1st position on drawy board

If the board had no flush draw its a very easy check for me. However, with 3 players behind and i am first to act, how many of you would bet here. I was hoping to get one caller or 2 but all folded. I did not wanted to give someone a flush draw a free card and also did not want anyone with a straight draw to hit their straight for free and i have to split the pot.

Also, if someone has 2 pair or a set, i definitely dont want to slowplay so they will get there and would like to get everything all in with me as the favorite. No bother hit any part of the flop unfortunately.

Would you say betting here probably 75 percent of the time is the ideal thing to do?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $26.00</font>
BB: $15.00
UTG: $38.70
UTG+1: $52.00
MP1: $10.00
MP2: $85.90
MP3: $145.65
CO: $10.70
BTN: $29.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, 3 folds, BTN calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, 3 folds

Pot Size: $3.50 ($0.10 Rake)
Old 05-27-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: NL50 flopped nuts 1st position on drawy board

I would bet $2 probably every time even without a flush draw on the flop because it was a limped pot.

It's very likely that this flop hit the limpers and you don't want them to check behind. You want to get as much money in as possible and it's very likely that you'll get action on this flop. So I think betting is the best way to get in as much money as possible.