Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Good Riddance Attention Whore by Cindy Sheehan

It looks like Cindy Sheehan is burnt out. I honestly feel bad for the lady, I am surprised there have not been louder protests about this war considering the Bush and the war's unpopularity.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/5/28/12530/1525
Old 05-29-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Good Riddance Attention Whore by Cindy Sheehan

I disagreed with about everything she has said but she had every right to say it and I don't understand the vitriol shown towards her. If your son is killed in a war I think you get a bit extra leeway to say whatever the hell you want.

btw - is that Ted Dibiase in your avatar?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:12 PM

I would say she overreacted a bit, but then again she lost a son to this war, so i wont.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:14 PM

This woman was a tool used by the left, and discarded like trash as soon as she questioned them. Its a shame she was dumb enough to fall for their BS.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This woman was a tool used by the left, and discarded like trash as soon as she questioned them. Its a shame she was dumb enough to fall for their BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

This woman was a tool used by the left, and discarded like trash as soon as she questioned them. What else could she expect....she got what she deserved.

I'm sorry she lost her son...but I bet if he could see what she did in "his name" he would be ashamed.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This woman was a tool used by the left, and discarded like trash as soon as she questioned them. What else could she expect....she got what she deserved.

I'm sorry she lost her son...but I bet if he could see what she did in "his name" he would be ashamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This woman was a tool to be used by both sides.

By the left who ran an "anything but Bush/war" campaign and recently chickened out.

And by the right who found easy ways to demonize a very vocal woman, and thus to some degree the anti war movement, who lost a child to war by attacking her sometimes extreme behavior.

Whether you disagree with her ideas or her tactics (and I do) I think you have to acknowledge the lengths this woman was willing to go to for her beliefs and in the name of something. That she withstood attacks from all sides and being used as a political puppet for this long is pretty amazing; if thats "getting what she deserved" then Im curious what you think apathy and half heartedness warrant if anything.

I wish her the best of luck in returning to a normal life and I sympathize with the fact that she lost a child.

I think her recent comments can be taken as a damning of both sides in this (and I agree with it):
"Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives,"
Old 05-29-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This woman was a tool to be used by both sides.

By the left who ran an "anything but Bush/war" campaign and recently chickened out.

And by the right who found easy ways to demonize a very vocal woman, and thus to some degree the anti war movement, who lost a child to war by attacking her sometimes extreme behavior.

Whether you disagree with her ideas or her tactics (and I do) I think you have to acknowledge the lengths this woman was willing to go to for her beliefs and in the name of something. That she withstood attacks from all sides and being used as a political puppet for this long is pretty amazing; if thats "getting what she deserved" then Im curious what you think apathy and half heartedness warrant if anything.

I wish her the best of luck in returning to a normal life and I sympathize with the fact that she lost a child.

I think her recent comments can be taken as a damning of both sides in this (and I agree with it):
"Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives,"

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree some on the right used her such as Ann Coulter, and possibly a few others, but on the left, she was the puppet of many ultra left move on type websites, along with the reps of those websites, and also used by the elected leaders of the left.

Once they (dem politicians) caved, she was still useful to them to push the anti war movement.... but Cindy finally caught on that she was being used by the left. She did not "quit" because she was being used by few on the right.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:29 PM

I didn't mean to suggest that she quit because she was being used exclusively by the left or the right. Nor did I argue the degree to which she was a puppet for either side. Just that it happened and she was quite useful to both anti-war groups and hardcore right wingers all at once.

I think objectively people should be able to see that this whole incident was a sad chapter in partisan politics that warped and manipulated a womans loss for political gain by either side. As such I'm glad that it's over.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure you knew him well and can speak for the dead.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeahh...cept he's a corpse...so he can't and he probably wouldn't care...cuz he's dead.

but hey, at least he helped bring peace and stability to Iraq.