Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 04:50 PM

Default 4 handed $5 PLO8 -- 2nd nut flush faces river c-raise

Comments on all streets appreciated. Is this an easy fold? Villain didn't seem the type to make a big move. I've seen villain bluff though I had only played 30 hands with her.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.02 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($3.55)
BB ($0.98)
UTG ($5.02)
Hero ($6.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.06</font>, BB calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.12</font>, SB calls $0.12, BB calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.54) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.28</font>, SB calls $0.28, BB folds.

River: ($1.10) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.65</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.95
Old 05-25-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: 4 handed $5 PLO8 -- 2nd nut flush faces river c-raise

I doubt this is a bluff. If she had a set I think you would have been raised on the flop. If she were going to bluff with just a naked ace I think she would have done it on the turn. With you betting into her she prolly called your bet on the turn hoping you would follow up with another bet on the river. The smallish bet on the river does show considerable weakness to me which could induce a bluff.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:09 PM

A few things: I'd have pot-bet the flop and probably close to pot on the turn since I don't want to split on the river with a BD lo chaser.

Now you get to the river, and villain wakes up and realizes she has made the nut straight, totally ignoring the flush out there. What villain raises Pre-flop and then checks the flop with the nut flush draw? This doesn't add up.I'd have pot bet the river and been committed. Since you don't, theres no way I fold 2nd nut hi hand here, simply because villains play makes no sense, a bluff is likely, and by holding 2 of the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s in the deck, it makes villain's possibility of having the nut flush that much less.

FWIW, if I'm playing this hand pre-flop, I'm raising it.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few things: I'd have pot-bet the flop and probably close to pot on the turn since I don't want to split on the river with a BD lo chaser.

Now you get to the river, and villain wakes up and realizes she has made the nut straight, totally ignoring the flush out there. What villain raises Pre-flop and then checks the flop with the nut flush draw? This doesn't add up.I'd have pot bet the river and been committed. Since you don't, theres no way I fold 2nd nut hi hand here, simply because villains play makes no sense, a bluff is likely, and by holding 2 of the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s in the deck, it makes villain's possibility of having the nut flush that much less.

FWIW, if I'm playing this hand pre-flop, I'm raising it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My read was that a bluff would be totally out of character (obv. nothing is impossible). She had checked the river at least once when value betting was clear. As for betting the flop with a nut-flush draw--I suppose she probably would but I think it is still a lot more likely she has the goods (somehow) than she is running a bluff.

I ended up asking is she would show if I folded (something I NEVER do). She said she would which I thought makes it slightly more likely she isn't bluffing.

I expected to see the nuts. I would have been totally shocked by a bluff. A misread hand has to be a possibility here but I didn't think I was getting enough odds to call.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:43 PM

I guess this hand is better suited for BBV than here. I guess I had to fold the river. I really think I'm beating the villain only if she has misread her hand. Results follow:

[ QUOTE ]
Comments on all streets appreciated. Is this an easy fold? Villain didn't seem the type to make a big move. I've seen villain bluff though I had only played 30 hands with her.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.02 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($3.55)
BB ($0.98)
UTG ($5.02)
Hero ($6.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.06</font>, BB calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.12</font>, SB calls $0.12, BB calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.54) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.28</font>, SB calls $0.28, BB folds.

River: ($1.10) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.65</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.95

[/ QUOTE ]

*** RIVER *** [6d Tc Kd 2d] [Qc]
dodie234: checks
CliffNotes: bets $0.20
dodie234: raises $1.45 to $1.65
tsteger joins the table at seat #2
CliffNotes said, "will you show?"
dodie234 said, "sure if u in futre"
CliffNotes: folds
dodie234 collected $1.45 from pot
dodie234: shows [5d 3d 7c Ac] (HI: a flush, King high)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1.50 | Rake $0.05
Board [6d Tc Kd 2d Qc]
Seat 3: dodie234 (small blind) collected ($1.45)
Seat 4: citylady58 (big blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 5: Wildfury folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: CliffNotes (button) folded on the River

. . .

(chat from the next hand)

dodie234 said, "better high hand"
CliffNotes said, "hell no"
CliffNotes: calls $0.02
tsteger: checks
dodie234 said, "had nut low"
dodie234: calls $0.02
citylady58: calls $0.01
Wildfury: checks
*** FLOP *** [Kd 6h 2c]