Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 12:51 PM

Default am i just playing like a damn idiot

Just wondering will someone please tell me an I just playing like an idiot heres an example

Full tilt .5 .10 cash game
I raise to .45 UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I have $10
everyone folds round to the SB who re raises $1 I flat call and the flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check SB bets .75 I flat call turn comes
2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check SB bets $1 river comes
3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check SB goes all in and i call SB shows pocket aces

Should i have got away from this did i play this wrong I feel that i could have folded but found myself calling could some of you give me your opinion of what I did do you think i should have got away from this hand?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: am i just playing like a damn idiot

I think you need to play this kind of situation a little more aggressively in the early rounds. The action then will often lead to easier decisions later. I can't quite get my head around a flat call preflop unless you intended to check raise the flop. Once you just call the flop there is no way I can think of to figure it out cheaply anymore. I think, in play I may have c/r the flop about $2-$3 and folded to a 3 bet. As played I can't call the river push. (although you didn't give villains's stack size so I may be wrong about that)
Old 05-23-2007, 01:22 PM

Stacking off here can be excusable depending on the villain. If he aggro pf (with a wide re-raising range) it is unavoidable. Conversely, if he only raises 4% of his hands, and you have never seen him re-raise pf, then you need to be able to get away. You beat TT and JJ and this guy won't re-raise with these hands.

Lucky
Old 05-23-2007, 02:21 PM

It was the 3rd hand he had played so I had no reads on him. Yeah i think re raisin pre flop woulda been a better play then fold to him if he bets again. wat do i put him on if he flat calls?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:33 PM

Action is goofy....you can't check from UTG then have the SB bet. Without a read, it's not so bad. I may fold to the river all in depending on the size.