Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Conflicted with big stacks - NLCASH

Let's say you are crushing your opponent. You now have 4 buy-ins on the table and they keep rebuying for full buy-ins.

Why would we risk our stack against them continuing to play? Would it be optimal to quit them and fire up another game with them at a different table? Is it optimal to keep playing with a large amount of buy-ins on the table? If not, at what point would you quit?

I feel that opponent's aggression comes into play here. The more aggressive they are the less motivated I am to continue playing with a deepstack since I'm pushing in much more marginal spots.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Conflicted with big stacks - NLCASH

If you lose your edge because of this I would quit otherwise assuming you play deepstacks well your edge should go up.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:44 PM

Also his increased aggression will get punished a lot harder with deep stacks so this seems like a good reason to stay.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:16 PM

As long as he only has 100bb nothing has changed. Once you lose some back you could think about moving. But if you are crushing him why?
Old 05-28-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you lose your edge because of this I would quit otherwise assuming you play deepstacks well your edge should go up.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW we aren't talking about deep play. We are talking about $100 effective stacks with 4 buy-ins behind.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW we aren't talking about deep play. We are talking about $100 effective stacks with 4 buy-ins behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then what does it matter - its $100 effective stacks here or fire up another table and then $100 effective stacks there.

The only plausible reason to quit is that his losing has changed his play in such a manner that is no longer profitable to play him.

The two most frequent examples,

* He was super loose before but his losses are making him tighten up loads.

* He was super passive before but has now added betting/raising into his game.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:54 PM

I think it's very bad etiquette to be crushing somebody and then quit them but continue to play. If they are giving you action when they are losing why would you stop giving them action when you're winning. Also chances are if they are losing to you they are going to be playing worse, and thus increasing your edge over the person.

But mainly I think it's rude to beat up on somebody and then leave to play somebody else becasue you don't want to give it back. It's no different than a shortstack doubling up and leaving.