Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 11:30 AM

Default NL25 - Button play flops Top Two on Monotone board

Only had 10 hands on villain so no reads. Same with UTG

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($26)
BB ($35.35)
UTG ($31.30)
MP ($17.70)
Hero ($25.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $25</font> hoping to get Villain heads up....

Good play? or no? What say you all?

Old 05-22-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: NL25 - Button play flops Top Two on Monotone board

I fold after his re-raise.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:51 AM

Actually, I was supposed to delete that part. Dang it. I just wanted to go from my raise. Oh well.

BoerfSt - care to elaborate on why you would fold?
Old 05-22-2007, 12:00 PM

The problem with raising here is that you will be tempted to get all-in when you probably shouldn't. You raise on the flop, thinking, "Okay, if one of my villains reraises I'll fold." But then when it happens, you start saying to yourself, "Maybe he's just on a draw. I have top two pair, I call." This is a very marginal situation, and because of the risks involved, I'm comfortable with calling the flop and seeing what happens on the turn. I don't want to go too far with a hand like this, particularly against 2 villains.

Edit: If you have the discipline, by all means you can raise-fold on the flop.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:49 AM

Preflop I personally dump it. Everything after the flop looks good to me. Only hand that raises out of the small blind that scares me on that flop is 8-8. With hero holding an 8 that makes it less likely. I doubt a made flush plays like this. This certainly plays like an overpair to the board or someone with a one high heart (Ah)and two overs to the board.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:17 AM

raising that hand preflop from the button makes playing a lot easier. you have FE and if you get called you have position on most likely not more than one opponent.

I think the reraise is ok, cause it will win the pot a good percentage of the time. calling just seems weak to me.

reads would help a lot in that situation. as played you are around 50-50 vs a range of sets/flushes/overpairs and overcards with a heart. so getting close to 3:1 you can easily call (assuming the 2nd villain dumps it).

please, correct me if I'm totally off.

@warteen: whats your plan for further streets?