No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$1/$2 Blinds
4 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

<font color="black">SB: $384.10</font>
BB: $143.00
UTG: $239.00
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $274.20</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $38.00</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls $27.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($78) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $60.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $150.00</font>

Villain is a multitabling 25/20 regular. Im assuming his standard play in a 3bet pot is to cbet especially on A-high boards when i could easily be set mining or trying to flop a combo draw with a suited connector. Both of those 3betting calling type hands i could have, have missed to flop anything that can be continued with so im guessing villain will make his standard cbet here with his whole range.

I raised to 11 because somebody posted dead. Since villain is probably a 2p2er he probably knows im raising that dead money with a huge range, and thats gonna be a classic resteal spot for him.

I was thinking of 4betting preflop but i already did that once. And i thought because we were semi-deep i could extract some more money fromhim if he did happen to have a hand this time.

Is this okay? Its plays like this where if i lose 5-6 of them on the drop i easily lose a few buyins in a session, and i never know whether its bad play to do these kindsa things or its good but when they dont work im just running bad.

Comments on all streets plz

My image is pretty normal 25/20
Old 05-22-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: 200NL - Im gonna win this pot no matter what

This is pretty bad imo, ur only playing like 3 hands this way AA,55,44 and AA is prob unlikely coz as u said you already 4bet once so if you were gonna 4bet again AA would be the perfect hand to do it with...Also you're probably not playing AQ/AK like this and you cant really rep A5 or A4, maybe 54.

I much prefer to float this flop, he can only really call a turn bet with AA/AK/A5/A4.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:37 AM

i like the raise because i personally enjoy smooth calling preflop so that i can get one more bet out of loose 3 bettors before i jam them.

however given you said that he knows your range is wide... id expect you to get called with a5+ and tt+
Old 05-22-2007, 02:38 AM

GP has been talking about making these types of plays in his past few vid's, both in raised and RR'd pots when you're not the aggressor. IMO, so long as you're doing this with legitimate hands/draws for balance I think it's fine from time to time.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:40 AM

yep, i do this at least once a session per table, but its also how i would play my AK sets and FD's and combo str draws. (and yes i do call 3 bets with 35sooted etc [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

so i dunno for me this raise seems normal, often why iam down 6 buyins too if your timing is awful
Old 05-22-2007, 02:46 AM

don't particularly like it. you have to be very confident that he is 3betting you w/ tons + the kitchen sink for this to be profitable especially deep'ish like this. change your hand to an sc or gapper and flop some equity and it's much much better.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty bad imo, ur only playing like 3 hands this way AA,55,44 and AA is prob unlikely coz as u said you already 4bet once so if you were gonna 4bet again AA would be the perfect hand to do it with...Also you're probably not playing AQ/AK like this and you cant really rep A5 or A4, maybe 54.

I much prefer to float this flop, he can only really call a turn bet with AA/AK/A5/A4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you are saying about only really representing 44/55/45/6c7c/7c8c. but does it really matter if most of the time he bets this flop he has 88-KK/SCs?

Yes i do prefer floating this flop too, but then i thought f it..if hes got KK ill make him fold now instead of letting him catch a 2outer to make him feel confident in his hand.

fwiw i would sometimes play AA like this. its the perfect 4betting hand given history, but i lie to mix it up and trap sometimes too.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:16 AM

This thinking is kind of beyond me at the moment so take my advice with a grain of salt. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] At the same time this is an awesome post as I have improved greatly in the past couple months and need to make more of these plays. I find that I am winning at .50/1.00 but the majority of my hands have come from ABC poker. I have just started to break out of that shell and am probably playing ABD poker right now. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I guess I am interpreting your question of "is this okay" two ways. The first way is how you played the hand on both streets. It looks like you have a good read on your opponent as well as how he views you. With that being said you put him on a range and also assumed that the vill made adjustments to your range because of the dead money. If you think that a CBet is standard by vill then your raise takes him off of all but his strongest of hands. He doesn't have any fold equity against you (or at least it looks like that to him). It looks like a well thought out plan to extract the most money from the situation.

On the other hand you seem to question if this move is truly worth it in terms of money. I think if you determine a move is +EV then go with it and your gut. But maybe another solution would be to 4bet. You do say that you 4bet earlier but what else can he really come over the top with to your 4bet? Probably only the range of hands that have you beat when you put in $150 on the turn. If he knows that you are 4betting light in this situation a lot and he is adjusting his range accordingly then maybe the line that you took is going to reap the most money from him. But otherwise I would say that 4betting still wins you money and is less variance on your BR as you taking him off the same range of hands you do on your turn play for less.

Hope this helped some. Like your hand. Helped me some. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 03:44 AM

I'm tempted to 4bet here but I might not if you had 4bet him before but if I did I'd make it 90. For some reason though I feel like he has a big hand.

Also if the guy can 3bet you lighter in this spot because he thinks you're raising lighter you should never be 4betting this, but rather trapping in position with a huge hand and a larger-than-normal 3bet pot.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:37 AM

i dont get it, spew imo