Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Surround Sound/Sound Card

I bought the logitech 5.1 surround sound speakers it came with 5 speaks and a sub but Iv never been able to get any thing but 2 speakers that can be pluged in through the stock sound card that was built into the mother board. I bought a sound card that supports 5.1 / 7.1 surround, but after installing it I never had a program or player that used the other 3 speakers. I know that there are some players out there that allow you to switch from that standard front 2 speaker setting into full 5.1 surround. I have never found one my self out of pure lazyness so a recommendation on one of those would be very helpfull too. Where Im stuck now is I moved and lost the box and software to my sound card so I dont have the drivers and I cant find them on the internet because I dont know what sound card I have, (Im so retarded)so that brings me to the question, how do I find out exactly what type of sound card I have?

Thank you for your responces.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Surround Sound/Sound Card

lol no one is even looking
Old 05-21-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Surround Sound/Sound Card

open up your computer and find out... it should be written all over the card itself... there are alot of games and some dvds/hddvd/bluray discs that will play in 7.1 (windows media player will work)/

also google "sound_card_name driver" and find the most updated drivers... good luck