Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 11:02 AM

Default How do you play on that flop?

Pacific poker 15$-30$ 3 handed.

The two other players are very agressive and seems to bluff a little bit too much, got them more than once bluffing with second pair or even 3rd pair.

I'm SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Button fold, i raised and BB just call (so no pair and no ace in his hand for sure, i would 3 bet if so)

flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

What do you do?

Let's say we both check, so i assume he doesn't have an heart, the turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] do you bet here?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: How do you play on that flop?

you have the immortal nuts, get some bets in the pot. the best way to do this is by betting. I can't see why you would ever check the flop, you are missing a ton of value.

another thing; you would bet this flop when you miss or make a weaker hand right? your check should set off some warning bells for villain here. if villain likes to bluff the best way to induce a bluff is by betting.

edit: also I don't see how someone can be bluffing with a pair, he likely thought it was for value. well I guess villain can effectively turn his hand into a bluff but it doesn't sounds like that's what you meant.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:40 AM

If he folds the flop, then you probably weren't gonna get any action anyway (especially if you advertise your monster by checking). So just bet.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:51 AM

IMHO, if you think betting 2nd Pair in a 3-way is "bluffing" I would say you play too tight, which, I believe is confirmed by your lack of aggression in this hand.
It seems you can't get aggressive in this hand, as your opponents know you only get aggressive when you really have sumpin.
Am I wrong?
Old 05-22-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMHO, if you think betting 2nd Pair in a 3-way is "bluffing" I would say you play too tight, which, I believe is confirmed by your lack of aggression in this hand.
It seems you can't get aggressive in this hand, as your opponents know you only get aggressive when you really have sumpin.
Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

They were bluffing with ace high when i had 2nd or 3rd pair.
and i was also pretty agressive with draws ot top pair. It's always depend agaisnt who i'm playing, if they are very agressive, like these guys, i often just call down with a piece of the board. i raise my good hand of course and do some random bluff so i could get paid when having a real hand.