Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Softball BBV, Racquetball brag, Girl beat...TRUE LIFE: GOOFYBALLER

Previous softball thread

So, this is our final regular-season game; we're 4-0 and have the tiebreaker over the only 3-1 team, so no matter what happens we're the #1 seed in playoffs. However, it's always nice to stay in top form.

BEAT: Jenna (from posts past) still didn't show up. Seriously, if you guys have advice for how I can use Facebook to hook up with this girl, I think she dug me a little bit. Not only that, but the other hawt chick on my team that I kinda have a thing for wasn't around either.

AB #1: After keeping the other team scoreless in the top of the 1st inning, I lead off the game with a weak popup to right field. However, they were playing me SUPER deep for no apparent reason (I love how everyone always assumes I'm a power hitter...probably cause of my tall, menacing frame (see below)) and I was probably most of the way to second base by the time the right fielder even picked up the ball, so I stretched it out for a leadoff triple and easily scored.

AB #2: With runners on 2nd and 3rd, I crush a line drive into straightaway center field. Since there are 4 outfielders in IM softball, it shoots between the left- and right-center fielders, at which point it becomes an easy home run.

AB #3: With a girl on first base, I smash a line drive just over the second baseman into right field. The girl is slow so I can't take 2nd base and have to settle for a single.

AB #4: Now that the other team is down like 17-0, they decided to switch pitchers and the new guy is just laying complete meatballs up there. My eyes are popping out of their sockets just looking at the pitches he's throwing. So obviously, I try way too hard to crush the ball by swinging way too hard, and I pop up with the bases loaded. I don't even get the dignity of jogging down to 1st base because of the infield fly rule. I feel mortified and walk back to the dugout with my head lowered in shame.

AB #5: Determined to atone for my previous mistake, I resolve to stay focused in the batter's box. This time I hit a hard ground ball past the shortstop into left field, and scurry into second base before they can make a play on me; that's right, this is now the second time this season I have hit for the cycle! I'm quite likely to be having one of the best seasons in Division I Co-ed Intramural Softball history right now. It's incredible. I seriously don't know why the school newspaper hasn't come to interview me yet.

Final score: 22-3, good guys. We're looking solid heading into playoffs!

Anyway, on an unrelated note: so there's this chick at my bio lab table who is super cute. She's a freshman (she's 19, I'm a 5th year but only 22) but is pretty mature for her age and seems pretty cool. Our group (3 guys on our side of the table, her + guy + girl on her side; I think she had a thing for one of the guys on my side, but she found out he has a gf so that's a no-go, other dude on my side is too passive, and the guy on her side has serious ADD, so that leaves me as the most attractive remaining option I think) goofs around a lot during labs so we talk a lot, and I discovered she plays racquetball, in which I partake on occasion; I suggested we play, and ever since then epic amounts of friendly-but-kinda-serious [censored]-talking has ensued about our upcoming match. Obviously I'm trying to figure out some way I can make out with her, but those of you who know my posts know that this is not an area I am very skilled in.

Anyway, she's been blowing me off for like a week and a half about getting this racquetball match together but always seems to have a good excuse; today, our bio lab consisted of monumental amounts of [censored]-talking, and we finally resolved to play tonight. Also, for reference, here's what I was wearing during this episode:

Stylin! Anyway, I picked her up at like 7:15pm, we go to the gym, epic [censored]-talking continues the whole time. We start warming up and I'm actually slightly scared that she might win; she looks like she hits the ball pretty well. Of course, I haven't played anyone good in a long time. She plays really frequently (multiple times per week, I think) whereas I haven't played in a couple months and have only maybe played ~20 games ever.

However, my game is pretty on tonight, and I have a wicked serve where I just lob it in to the back right corner; if I hit it right, it's really tough to run up and volley and once it bounces off the back wall it can be hard to get enough power on it to get it to the front wall. I probably got like 15 points on that alone over the four games we played.

She's definitely a good player, and we had a lot of really good rallies, and there were a lot of times where we were trading serves back and forth without anyone scoring for like 6 straight points, but I tended to go on rushes and thus won 4-0 by scores of 15-5, 15-5, 15-6, 15-9.

She had a good attitude about it and cared about having fun more than winning, which is good; but, the [censored]-talking did lessen over the course of the evening. I wasn't really very good at being flirty because I suck at that, but when we were walking back to my car I said "soo, I seem to recall you saying I have to bring you Taco Bell if you won," and then put my arm around her (in a friendly way) and said "so what are you gonna do for me now?" I had an idea of suggesting while we were playing that the loser had to buy dinner for the winner and maybe should have thrown it out there, but I feel like it would have come off too seriously, I dunno. She didn't really respond to the arm around her in either direction, and said she'd order pizza for us in bio lab or something.

We'll probably play again next week; I'll probably spring dinner on her then. It doesn't look very hopeful, but maybe if we can get some 1 on 1 time when we aren't both profusely sweaty I'd have a better shot. Plus, I can be very charming when I play Halo, which she's in to as well (yes, this girl is [censored] awesome; she just recently played Halo for the first time and said she really liked it, and loved talking [censored] over the mic to random people on Xbox Live).

Week 5: 4-5, HR, 3B, 2B, 4R, 4RBI
Season: 17-19 (.895), 4HR, 2 3B, 4 2B, BB, 16R, 18RBI

Brag: Both me and my team rule at softball

Brag: I kicked a girl's ass at racquetball

Beat: I suck at flirting

Beat: Probably won't ever hook up with her

Variance: Playing racquetball again with her next week, so I have another chance

WHAT IT DO BBV4L
Old 05-18-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Softball BBV, Racquetball brag, Girl beat...TRUE LIFE: GOOFYBALLER

[ QUOTE ]
and then put my arm around her (in a friendly way) and said "so what are you gonna do for me now?"

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WHAT IT DO BBV4L

[/ QUOTE ]
what it do indeed
Old 05-18-2007, 01:36 AM

your post confuses me...on more than one level.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:37 AM

Dude just put on your robe and wizard hat
Old 05-18-2007, 01:54 AM

I love goofyballer softball and flirting trip reports.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude just put on your robe and wizard hat

[/ QUOTE ]lol, somehow this has never been more aptly placed
Old 05-18-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love goofyballer softball and flirting trip reports.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, although the girl's decision to provide pizza at a bio lab next week for losing is a very bad sign. I'm looking forward to next week's edition.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:07 AM

i dont see whats so hard about poking jenna on facebook. thats pretty much exactly what the "poke" function is for, by my reckoning.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:14 AM

<3 Goofy's stories

</3 pizza at bio lab
Old 05-18-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beat: I suck at flirting

Beat: Probably won't ever hook up with her

[/ QUOTE ]
Chicks dig insecurity...

[ QUOTE ]