Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 03:13 PM

Default The Landis hearings become a full fledged circus

[ QUOTE ]
LeMond had been called by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to testify about conversations he'd had with Landis that could have been harming to Landis' claim that he has been wrongly accused of doping during last year's Tour de France victory.

LeMond wound up disclosing he had been sexually abused as a child, and felt compelled to go public with that after receiving a call Wednesday from Landis' manager, Will Geoghegan, who knew that secret and threatened to reveal it if LeMond showed up to testify.

Shortly after LeMond dropped those bombshells, Geoghegan walked up to LeMond, apologized and admitted he made the call. That led to his prompt firing, as announced by Landis attorney Maurice Suh.

[/ QUOTE ]

yahoo article

I don't even know where to begin except to say that LeMond has got some balls to stand up and out his own secret in order not to be blackmailed.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: The Landis hearings become a full fledged circus

Lemond is a moron btw. He is a bitter bitter man that only wants the spotlight to be on him and if any attention is ever averted away from himself he will do anything to redirected back in his direction. [censored] that guy.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:00 PM

Lemond has been known to be a very paranoid individual. With that said, a cycling fan like me doesn't give a crap anymore. Once you look into the science, it gets even more confusing, especially for a science junkie like me.

As a Landis fan, the more information comes out, the slowly more convinced (slightly) I am that he did cheat. However, under any courtroom, he will get off on a technicality. USADA's guys better really have it in for floyd for him to get a guilty verdict.

Besides, his two year ban ...he would have already served 1/2 of his ban if guilty anyways. He's coming back from hip surgery so...it doesn't really matter...he's just clearing up his rep. He did have a very good rep as a clean rider before this happened.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:56 PM
 is offline

Of course he used doping but he was still the deserved winner then again if Ullrich and Basso hadn't been "found out" right before the tour he most likely wouldn't have won anyway.

I've been a huge fan of cycling since I was a kid. Started watching in 89 and I've watched pretty much every major race since... but I'm finally getting tired of it all. Not doping itself mind you... anyone not totally naive and knowledgeable about the sport knows that doping has always been there and throughout the 90s up to now, as much part of the sport as the bicycle itself almost.
Every top rider last 15 years has used doping. And yes that obviously includes Armstrong, Indurain and everyone else who hasn't yet, officially at least, been found out.

Right now we're at a point where it's the rider "best" at not getting caught who wins. It's a joke.