Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 09:28 PM

Default dual monitor software

So I have 2 dell 2007 FP's setup side by side. What I want to do is spread a DVD/Movie accross the 2 monitors so it appears as if im watching it on one big monitor. Are there any programs to help me do this?

I know ultramon does some cool stuff, but it does not seem to be able to do this. Any suggestions appreciated.

thanks
Old 05-17-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: dual monitor software

[ QUOTE ]
So I have 2 dell 2007 FP's setup side by side. What I want to do is spread a DVD/Movie accross the 2 monitors so it appears as if im watching it on one big monitor. Are there any programs to help me do this?

I know ultramon does some cool stuff, but it does not seem to be able to do this. Any suggestions appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you tried looking into your driver settings? I think my NVIDIA card will let me do this (perhaps it will have to be un-accelerated though), but I've never tried it yet.

On another a similar note - does anybody know of some good software to help calibrate your monitor's colours? I've got 2 that I've bought at different times and they are not quite the same (I have got them nearly the same though after a great deal of hand tuning).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've got 2 that I've bought at different times and they are not quite the same

[/ QUOTE ]

it is bastard hard Juk [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ideally get one of those USB connected profiler things (can't remember the name of them, ~£70 IIRC).

But if they are identical monitors differing only in age - the backlights will have degraded differently - I would expect "nearly the same" is the best you will get without the hardware device tuning it for you.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:23 PM

you will need post-processing software to scale the DVD to diff dimensions, afaik

DVD are 16:9 ratio

3200x1600 resolution is not 16:9
Old 05-17-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've got 2 that I've bought at different times and they are not quite the same

[/ QUOTE ]

it is bastard hard Juk [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ideally get one of those USB connected profiler things (can't remember the name of them, ~£70 IIRC).

But if they are identical monitors differing only in age - the backlights will have degraded differently - I would expect "nearly the same" is the best you will get without the hardware device tuning it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, perhaps I've got them about as good as I can get them then. I can't see any real differences in whites, blacks and greys now (one had a much yellow-er white and red-er grey before I tuned them) and overall the colours aren't that badly different now.

It was pretty hard to do though as it seems that brightness and contrast could effect the colours too. So not only did I have the RGB values to tune up/down, I had to tune all 5 parameters simultaneously to get them looking better.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]