Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 10:32 PM

Default OT: 1,000

Off topic, but I just wanted my 1k post to be here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I love this forum and the peeps that frequent it.

I lurked the AI threads last year, and this was my first year wagering. Locked in a wee profit (yay) but the discussions, etc. have been very enjoyable.

I know I don't do a lot of the hardcore analysis done by some of the awesome posters here, but I do love reading them and watching the different threads develop.

I am happy with my place as the "AI Updater" for the Westies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck to all as the finals approach......and I am sad that the competition and all the fun here is drawing to a close for this season.

You are all on my Christmas card list....well, you would be if I ever sent any out, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: OT: 1,000

[ QUOTE ]
Off topic, but I just wanted my 1k post to be here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I lurked the AI threads last year, and this was my first year wagering. Locked in a wee profit (yay) but the discussions, etc. have been very enjoyable.

I know I don't do a lot of the hardcore analysis done by some of the awesome posters here, but I do love reading them and watching the different threads develop.

I am happy with my place as the "AI Updater" for the Westies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck to all as the finals approach......and I am sad that the competition and all the fun here is drawing to a close for this season.

You are all on my Christmas card list....well, you would be if I ever sent any out, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, Shrug. It's almost "So You Think You Can Dance" season!!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Shrug I haven't been here long but congratulations on your 1000th post and I am very happy to have had you in this forum!!!! You rock!!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted my 1k post to be here

[/ QUOTE ]

i LOVE this post!!!

fwiw, i am trying to get a stay of execution for this forum. i think there is plenty of reality tv discussion to last until next AI season. however, some of the more anal retentive mods think we should close this forum up in 2 weeks and move all of the posts to sports betting. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2007, 08:19 PM

I would love to see this stay as an entertainment/reality wagering forum.

Would be a great place for movie wagering and other "real life" type prop betting threads.

These type of threads get buried in the sports betting forum, and I hate having to wade through all the nba/nfl/mlb etc threads trying to find the kind of stuff I am looking for.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, i am trying to get a stay of execution for this forum. i think there is plenty of reality tv discussion to last until next AI season. however, some of the more anal retentive mods think we should close this forum up in 2 weeks and move all of the posts to sports betting. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think you could also squeeze political and current event betting into this new, revised forum?

even though i haven't been posting, vis-a-vis my now barely watching, i've still enjoyed reading.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:34 PM

Granny,

Did you explain to them that it's pretty hard for us to be AIWF4L if the forum doesn't exist? Surely this tidbit will swing the tide to our favor.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Granny,

Did you explain to them that it's pretty hard for us to be AIWF4L if the forum doesn't exist? Surely this tidbit will swing the tide to our favor.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will guide TPTB (my new acronym) to this thread to show them your thoughts with the others. many mods think that there is no "community" in AIW, but these mods are ones that have never read this board or their board is a ghost town.

in their credit, the other 2 mods that are active posters on AIW, stellarwind & privatejoker have both chirpped up in defense of the forum remaining autonomous and active.

i encourage anyone with an opinion, good or bad, to post it here. i think this is a perfect hijack for shrug's thread she started.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:32 PM

Good post Shrug. I know I've found a little home here and it's the first forum I check when I pull up 2p2. I feel like there's a pretty good group of regular posters and I feel like I know them all to some extent. I hope TPTB understand that many of the posters here are on 2p2 specifically for this forum. I for one am not, and the elimination of the forum may lead to me becoming a better pokerer, but I really like the people in here and don't want to get swallowed up by the sports wagering folks. Keep fighting the good fight, Granny.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:42 PM

The reason I came to this site is because of this forum. I love this forum and I love the people who post here.