Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 04:05 PM

Default AK Trips on suspect board

Effective $1050 stacks, 5 handed at NL600. I'm probably playing TAG and haven't gotten out of line nor battled villian that I remember.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I raise A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG and make it $30 (probably meant to make it $24, stupid mouse)

25/19 Villian calls in MP. 6% call pfr, 1.5ish aggression factor, normal went to showdown.

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Pot: 69
I bet 54, Villians calls

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Pot: 177

What's my plan for turn and maybe river?
Old 05-13-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: AK Trips on suspect board

b/f turn c/c riv
Old 05-13-2007, 04:09 PM

unless it's a heart, obviously

edit because I don't want to triple post...

ok, i didn't think that out enough. i think the turn is an obvious bet/fold. as for the river, here are a few diff scenarios:

1. ace comes off. have to bet.
2. king comes off, gotta bet too. he is checking behind way too often on a board like this.
3. heart comes off. don't like bluffing because theres a decent possibility he has a flush on the turn and once people get their flushes counterfeited they like to make hero calls. also there's still a decent chance your hand is good against a smaller ace. would he raise a flush on the turn? this deep, probably not a smaller one, esp if youve been playing tag. if he bets i think this could be time for a hero call. i have trouble seeing what hands would just call the turn but bet the river for value. he could have randomly paired his doorcard, so i think you should lean more towards folding the higher the heart is. he could also have something like AxJ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but that is a pretty thin bet, and unless he knows you have a propensity for making hero calls i don't know that he would bet it. his agg factor is also low, which in my mind works more in favor of a river call than against it: since he's not that aggressive and won't be betting too thin, his range is much more polarized than if he was aggressive. but it's hard to surmise too much just from an aggro factor since they usually take awhile to converge.
4. J/T rolls off. i'd check/fold
5. some rag rolls off. now here i just don't see what we're beating that would bet. i think i'd still check/fold.

i'm sure i'll get flamed for the recommendation of folding with 3 to a flush but calling with 4 to a flush. and i'm not even sure i like what i wrote or what i just suggested at all but i'm just going to spaz out and hit submit and see if it generates any interesting discussion because i for one am tired of thinking.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:22 PM

sounds good to me; this is one of those hands I have trouble ever letting go of though, so calling river isn't automatic
Old 05-13-2007, 07:20 PM

mythrillfox, looks pretty good

what I just would hate to do is bet turn, villian calls. River blanks and I c/f against a weaker A.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mythrillfox, looks pretty good

what I just would hate to do is bet turn, villian calls. River blanks and I c/f against a weaker A.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't happen too often and giving up the best hand some of the time is a lot better than getting stacked by a better one every time.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:07 PM

Agree 100% with Jay Riall