Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 12:32 AM

Default NLTD

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm a proficient multi-game player, and I can't seem to get my head around No Limit Triple Draw. Is there anyplace online with a discussion of this game?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: NLTD

OOOOOOOOOOk... Does anyone on 2+2 know anything about No Limit Triple Draw at all? Or is the only way to learn the game to play it? That's how I learned the others, I'm not averse to doing it, I just thought you guys might be able to help.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:46 PM

If you've been playing NL 2-7 on Stars, you've probably seen me at the tables. I don't mind helping with strat questions, but the reason no one is recommending books or articles is they don't exist.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:27 AM

I guess I'm missing how a draw game can work no limit. Seems to me most agressive player wins, period. I'm guessing lots of snowing on the second draw? Maybe? I don't think I could play with less that 4 to an 8-6. Am I even close?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:34 AM

I can only speak to how the games on Stars play, because those are the only games I've played:

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm missing how a draw game can work no limit. Seems to me most agressive player wins, period.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, pretty much. Seeing a river is rare, so he who bets usually wins.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing lots of snowing on the second draw?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really. I bet most of the players in those games couldn't conceive of a snow.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I could play with less that 4 to an 8-6. Am I even close?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you know your opponent is pat after the first draw, I recommend dumping anything besides a one card wheel draw. Its rare to see someone pat light in those games and if you make your 8-6 you will only get action if you're beat. You have to understand that if your opponent is betting the bot, you don't have direct odds to draw, which leads to a lot of folding. Therefore, you can't call unless your implied odds are huge, which they aren't if you are drawing to an 8-6.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:14 PM

wtf is up with the limits to! its only .25/.50 cent limits i wish they would add some 1/2 and 2/4 limits.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:04 PM

The only way to really understand TD is by playing it.

I play both NL and PL, and sometimes I drag myself over to limit (when I feel like punishing myself) and like iron said you really will not find too much out there. There is a section in Super/Systems 2 by DN that addresses TD but not much other. And to be honest, some of the stuff I've read and seen elswhere, to me, is weak and soft. DN does address aggression which I believe is the key to winning at TD. The game itself is a pot builder. Lots of action if the game is played right. There should be feelings hurt and big pots if there are true TD gamblers at the table. Its a true form of poker where bluffs are common and you have to have balls to play. You also have to have the sense and understanding to get off an 85 when things are tight and go for the nuts. The problem however with TD NL, and you find this with Jax and Inga at the PL table, on stars where I play is that there are too many short stacks at the table buying in with $10 and pushing all in. Now I LOVE all in preflops on pot limit b/c its more fun but at the NL tables is seems weak just like an all in on omaha or HE. Some of the better players of PL are Jaxson, strikerfox, beejill, Frehley77, RaAKKe, Inga and a few others that seem to play there and win a lot. Iron seems to a very good NL so I really never play with him but I was watching him a little while ago while the table was full and he was crushing the game.

To get back to your question, I do recomend DN's section in SS2 which is a basic overview of the greatest game today....

CP
Old 05-14-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf is up with the limits to! its only .25/.50 cent limits i wish they would add some 1/2 and 2/4 limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its stupid that they don't offer higher PL and NL games. They offer $10/$20 5-draw but can't even manage to offer a $.5/$1. I hope that FTP offers TD soon. That would be great b/c they will offer higher limits and I bet those tables would be filled. If 1k/2k Razz has action then TD would be huge.

CP