Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 05:09 AM

Default major downswing

I don't know if this is the right forum. Also I don't know why I am writing this. Maybe just to get it of my chest.

I got my second and this time major downswing in my 7 months poker career. The first one was partly my fault because I overplayed overpairs and TPTK but this time I am really confused. Of course - like any other player - I make mistakes. Wheter these mistakes are based on missing information or wrong reads. BUT mainly i feel that the variance hits my extremly at the moment. For instance I had 6 set over sets in the last three weeks (about 15k hands) and I ran mit KK in AA 5 times preflop. I posted these hands here and in a german community I was part of before and they agree there is nothing one can do. Funny thing is that I tried to convince 5 2+2er that i could have seen it coming last time i ran with KK in AA and could have folded. They all said no and then it was ok for my. I don't get angry or something like this. I just accept that and move on. But the biggst parts of my losses are probaly the shoves.
I am not someone who thinks he is the pokergod so I formulate it this way. The PokerTracker analysis shows clearly that I achieve to put in my money in the pot as a 70 - 85% favorite most of the time but loose very often. One day I calculated the Equity of a few hands I should have and compared it with the one I got...that was not pleasant.
The worst part are Three of a kind. I win with it in 75% which is normal i think. But these 75% are mostly small pots. Most of the time I get allin as a favorite with a set I loose.

To get some alternativ I played some HU but after getting sucked out there as well I went back to 6max for a time then HU again, now 6max.

The first two and a half weeks I laughed about this because it is so unreal that i nearly loose all the time I put my money in with 70-85% Equity but for the last few days I started to get a little angry. Nothing to bad and I always calm down soon, but I really don't know what to do. I searched for leaks in the game but found none very big. In fact a few months ago the hands I posted were critizised massivly but today most of the people say they would play the same. Funny thing is as I played badly I made actually some money now I just loose it... well but of course I know i should not look short term.

Anyways, three weeks ago i was starting to shot nl200 then get back to nl100 and now i am back to nl50. Pretty sad... I don't care about the money... it's just this sick variance.

The absolute low was yesterday when I lost with top full house againt quads.

Is this absolutly normal to go down one or two limits? When does it stop? :-(

Well I would be thankfull for some advice

Thanks
Oli
Old 05-15-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: major downswing

how many buyins did you lose? And 15k hands in 2 weeks is not much. I play double the amount, and I dont even play that much.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:03 AM

I guess 25-30 buyins in 15k hands. I could play much more but I stop playing even if I feel it could affect my play. maybe this is to cautious.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:40 AM

15k hands is nothing
Old 05-15-2007, 12:40 PM

But 25-30 Buy Ins are sth.
But having lost 11 Buy Ins in the hands you descibed, that`s ok. What are your stats ?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:31 PM

about 18 / 14 / 4.0
Old 05-15-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
15k hands is nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

my 1 day record is pretty close to this amount of hands
Old 05-16-2007, 03:30 AM

how about trying to switch games or something.

9 days ago I dropped 10 buyins in like 3k hands at 2/4 6-max.

Then i switched to heads up.

Try going to omaha or limit or sit and goes or tournaments.

also, if you dropped 30 buyins, i think it might not be variance. you're probably not a winner in those games with the way you played. try working on your game and changing your style.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:39 AM

I have switched games. I am playing HU from time to time like i posted earlier. Well and i think nl50 is beatable by everyone...
Old 05-16-2007, 05:05 AM

but lets see... I will take coaching today or tomorrow