Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 09:38 PM

Default 50NL; AQ quick checkup

Ok after this hand villian was ranting about how badly it was played. Called me a donkey several times and said thi was exactly how a donkey would play AQ. The whole rest of the time we were at the table together he'd be calling me a nit in the chat...even though I was running about 20/17.5/3.5 at that table. Most of the time I just ignore people but he ended up having very solid TAG 2+2 stats so I figured I'd check just in case.

Edit: Forgot to include to ask what your plan for the hand would be if the river was a 9 or basically any non-Q.

Ok on to the hand...
At the time villian was about 13.5/11/4 over like 70ish hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($42.20)
SB ($55.20)
BB ($50.80)
UTG ($53.05)
MP ($47.70)
Hero ($50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Most of the time I reraise AQ pre-flop especially in position. However, lately I've started thinking that maybe against UTG raisers just calling might be better...it isn't bad anyway, right? Based on his like 11% raise plus it's UTG plus he looks nittier side of TAG so prolly understands position made me decide to just call. ???

Flop: ($6.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, BB folds.

Ok so I hit an ace. I don't really see any reason to raise. I figure I'm tied with AQ, way behind AK, or way ahead a lower pocket pair so I just call.

Turn: ($16.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

Money card. Now I'm hoping he has AK. I still don't want to raise though. I feel I am way ahead and he'll fold a lower pair and AK may get suspicious if I raise (prolly not but I don't wanna fold out lower pairs without giving him a chance to bet the river) And he is aggressive. 4 AF with a 13.5 VPIP. So if I just call the pot is 36 with 33 left to get in. I'd easily be able to push over any river bet and could still value bet if he checks.

River: ($36.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $33</font>, UTG calls $18.

River needs no explanation of my thinking. He bet, I shoved, nice.

Final Pot: $102.25
Old 05-10-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: 50NL; AQ quick checkup

I don't mind the way you played it
Old 05-10-2007, 09:45 PM

nice hand. he had AK and was pissed. he wished you had overplayed your AQ so that he wouldn't have lost.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice hand. he had AK and was pissed. he wished you had overplayed your AQ so that he wouldn't have lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it matters but he actually had Ad6d. So I guess his UTG opening range is a bit loose after all. Or he was doing something really different this hand.