Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 08:45 AM

Default I HATE this

he is 42/4/1.9
this happens all the time and I don't know what to do..

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $26.10
BB: $37.00
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $25.00</font>
MP: $32.90
CO: $25.00
BTN: $25.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 4 folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($5.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($5.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2.50</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $2.50 returned to BB

Pot Size: $5.10 ($0.25 Rake)
Old 05-10-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Re: I HATE this

Neither do I and a lot of those hands make a session easily a losing session.

Do you have enough sample for a reliable WTSD%? If it's really low, you might want to go for a 2nd barrel (not on this board I suppose / maybe not on 25NL in general). If it's high and he'd be a bit more passive you could just not cbet 100% of the time and wait for a hand and vbet him to death.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:56 AM

Don't second barrel in 25NL.
Average Villain isn't floating, he's drawing (and will continue) or is a calling station.

If he calls flop, I'm done with the hand, you don't have to win everything.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:12 AM

standard... what is the big deal here?

you did not indicate that villain has a tendency to always float OOP.

without reads this is a default line. at 25NL this should happen a fair bit. stabbing at small pots folding when you have little or nothing and villain takes the lead. you are giving yourself teh opportunity to use position to take down a lot of small pots and set villains up for when you hit.

this line is only frustrating if its happening an entire session, sometimes that is the case. it feels weak but it is fine IMO.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:15 AM

I don't get this? Shove river if you don't like money. Otherwise a river fold is a no-brainer. You played the hand well. The point of the game is not to win every hand, you know?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:17 AM

Pfft, this is nothing. Standard fold. Be thankful he didn't lead river for $0.50 instead. God that [censored] makes me want to reach into the monitor and strangle him.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:19 AM

bet bigger on the flop. You are bluffing and you want him to fold. Give him the impression that he has to pay a lot if he has some pair or a single spade. If you have seen him calling down with marginal hands before and therefore you can be pretty sure that he won't fold, just give it up on the flop. You don't want to try to bluff loose calling stations but value bet them when you have a pair here and know that he will call you down with 8s.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:40 AM

Make sure you remember for future hands so you can check behind more turns when you have something and pick off this bet.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet bigger on the flop. You are bluffing and you want him to fold. Give him the impression that he has to pay a lot if he has some pair or a single spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your advice to bet bigger on bluffs?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 AM

no. I bet bigger here because the board is so wet and I want to give the impression that I either want his money in so that his pair isn't good or that he can't call me down with a draw, because I'm betting my hand big and he's not getting a good price on it. This works against an educated player only, obv. That's why I advised not to bet at all if villain is a notorious calling station. Because when you are called here and the turn bricks, you have no idea what's going on with villain's hand and you have to expect a bet on the river if you check behind almost always.