Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 07:52 PM

Default The Bike - Mini Series

Anyone know the starting chips and structures, specifically for the NL events?

http://www.thebike.com/tournaments/s...urnament_id=78
Old 05-21-2007, 03:46 AM

Default Re: The Bike - Mini Series

Bump, I may want to come and play some of these. I have never been to the Bike before. If you don't know the structures, just give some general comments on the Bike and what to expect if you have been there.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Re: The Bike - Mini Series

The Bike is the 2nd largest card room in the LA area (and beyond) and I think it has a great atmosphere. It's got a wide open floor and if you want to play the Asian games you go down a hall into a different large floor. I find that the Floors treat the players well and there isn't as much player abuse as at some other local rooms. The top section is separate from the main floor but still in view and the food is free up there. Nice plasma TV's and great looking cocktail waitresses and hostesses (the Cambodian Connection Girls). The tourney room (actually a few smaller convention rooms that can be enlarged into one giant room with overflow on the outside hallway) is nothing special but it gets the job done. The tourney staff is professional and they have been doing this for a long time so there aren't major screwups. I find the tourney action at these types of month long events to be hit or miss. IOW, the good players seem to want to get their chips in the pot right away and get a chip lead because the levels go up quickly (IIRC it's 30 minutes but it may be a bit longer depending on the buy in) and the blind structure isn't really that great. The tourney staff doesn't want things to go on all night, if you get my meaning.