Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 07:06 PM

Default 200NL - AJo in BB

Villain is a pretty solid, thinking player, but can spew at times. About 22/18/3. He probably sees me as a TAG
, but we have both made plays against each other in the past. No access to PT at this comp, but I can post a few prev. hand tonight.

What do you think?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed)

UTG ($215.15)
MP ($297.30)
Button ($103.05)
SB ($390.40)
Hero ($414.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $5.

Flop: ($15) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Turn: ($15) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $12</font>, Hero calls $12.

River: ($39) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $26</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $78</font>, Hero calls $52.

Final Pot: $195
Old 05-08-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: 200NL - AJo in BB

i dont understand the river bet. do you think hes paying off with an ace here. i check call and minimize losses against a set/flush. he leads the flop with a better ace then AJ so a bet on this river gets no + value.

check call
Old 05-08-2007, 07:13 PM

Fold preflop.. fold river.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:31 AM

Grunch- You should have the bet the flop-there's a flush draw and a straight draw on board. You should have bet the turn-there's a flush draw and straight draw on this board. The way you played it, you probably have to call, but you have no knowledge about the specific nature of villains hand.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:39 AM

PF- Not as great imo. Playing this hand OOP is pretty damn hard and it has reverse implied odds written all over it. I would RR or fold, generally leaning towards folding unless he's Laggy.

a 22/18's range is still fairly wide at this point, I would say scs/pps/suited aces/broadways/etc. so pretty much ATC.

Flop- not tremendously wet, checking here is fairly standard unless you know what you'll do if you lead and he raises. He checks behind.

I would say his range is now more favored towards either weak aces, or something marginal like KT/KK/QQ. I would discount draws being in his range at this point (namely spades) as almost always will a FD bet in position. KQ i think would bet as well. I think that he would bet his stronger hands (set/AK/etc) to prevent free cards.

Turn- after you check again, I think his range is still the same as the flop. I think he would still bet the same # of hands that he would check with after seeing you check twice. I think your line looks alot like a hand like Ax, sometimes a stubborn T, etc.

The river, given the way we got there, is fine. though you have to think about his range and WHAT exactly you are extracting from. AK? no, we already think that AK will bet this flop almost always. weaker aces? yeah, maybe. Your river bet size makes it so you have to call this raise imo- your blocker looks so weak, and I think you partially induced a raise.

however, i dont think villan has spades here, as stated before. and nor do i think he has KQ. i think he has a hand like Ax hoping for some FE, or maybe something along those lines (air perhaps). I would call the raise given the way we got there.