Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 06:34 AM

Default Donking Dueces...

Vilain is a TAG (21.6/18/1.4/50% ATSB through ~40 hands).

Raising the flop was my first thought, but I kinda wanted to see the turn card before committing more chips. The turn card seemed like a good one for me so I bet.

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>?
Old 05-11-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Donking Dueces...

Hmm, a guy with these stats i would probably reraise preflop. He raises with a lot of crap from the button.

As played i check-raise the flop, the board is so drawy he could easily call you down with ace high.

I donīt donk here because i donīt like to call a raise from the TAG. If iīm the TAG i would raise you with Ace high in this spot, because it looks sooo weak. People always donk a paired board and have always nothing or just a little bit.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:19 AM

You have to fold if he semi bluffs raises. I probably CR this flop and lead the turn. Since we can assume that he steals a lot it's hard to know what a safe card would be.
As played I'd check to induce a bluff, he might put you on a straight draw and even bet the turn for value with A high...
Old 05-11-2007, 07:55 AM

As played I would call down. Hoping he has ace-high.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:49 AM

Just c/c it. The board is drawy so he will fire 2nd barrel a lot.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:01 AM

Here are a few of my thoughts: I think villain calls down here with A high quite a bit, but getting him to fold a six outer isn't a bad result IMO. I also think villain takes a free card on the turn a decent amount as well. I also disagree with people who say that villain is raising a worse hand here often.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just c/r it. The board is drawy so he will fire 2nd barrel a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-11-2007, 11:38 AM

I think most tags here we can assume they will bet AQ AK here on the turn on this board, and wont bet worse hands than ours again on the river that often

Id ck call the flop, ck call this turn and fold the river UI, I think this line is even more valid as u move the tag further from the button as he ll be less likely to have 9 hi. U do kind of want to know he wont 3 barrel hands without showdown value often to take lines like this against people so pay attention to what he does with weakish hands in BB vs button steals as the stealer, how often does he barrel the turn UI or ever on the river. If his stats were a bit less in the pfr I think u could be safer, since he will have some crap hands here otb, but his af is lowish so I doubt he spews off with J9 3 streets enough to pay off on the river, and probably never bets A or K hi on the river.

vs a maniac or real lag id just ck call 3 streets probably, folding ugly turns

what is ur guys turn river plans on various cards if u cr the flop

ex u cr the flop he calls, do u lead all turns? do u bet call any? if u bet this turn and he just calls what is ur river action on a card like the 8s or red J-A?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just c/r it. The board is drawy so he will fire 2nd barrel a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I wanted to say that c/r'ing is spew cuz Hero has so little eq since any hand of villain's has at least 12 outs. (If villain steals 35% from the button and 2nd barrels all of them Hero has 43% eq!!!). But it might just be the best way of folding those 12 outers. Thinking about it I dislike c/c more and more and like c/r'ing or c/f'ing.