Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Iffy situation

Villain here is 30/13/1.8 ATTsteal 35%. Given this action (my b-3b), is folding good or should I see this through?

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero??
Old 05-03-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Iffy situation

I would say this is a fold. You are going to have to call 2 more bets in to win 10.5 and I don't think you are good here 20% of the time.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say this is a fold. You are going to have to call 2 more bets in to win 10.5 and I don't think you are good here 20% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, also with this coordinated board, if I'm good, my hand has to STAY good, which it probably won't about 20% of the time if he's got a J or FD.

This guy was pretty much a moron, which makes this an easier fold, but how are you guys playing this against a 35/22/2.1 type who's got a huge bag of tricks (and could be raising 33 there)?
Old 05-03-2007, 05:29 PM

funny, because i read this post then took a nap and i was wondering the EXACT same thing. i was like 'a good tricky player can raise 77 (essentialy same as 33 which u mentioned) here and check behind on riv'.

i think like u said its an easy fold on turn vs this opponent. as far as a better opponent, its prob still a fold, but v. close and could go either way depending on other factors.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:04 PM

That turn puts so many draws up there that there's no way I'm folding this. A random guy with those stats is plenty capable of a semibluff raise with a lot here. Plus you often have outs. And the pot is huge. I'm shocked to hear people saying this is an easy fold.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:55 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

I say call and checkcall the river.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:33 PM

i call this one down all day. if you are going to fold i think you should have check call the turn.

If good players pick up on the fact that you are a habitual turn bet-folder they will make life a nightmare for you.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That turn puts so many draws up there that there's no way I'm folding this. A random guy with those stats is plenty capable of a semibluff raise with a lot here. Plus you often have outs. And the pot is huge. I'm shocked to hear people saying this is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im a big SD monkey, but I've been trying to find a few better folds here and there. Given the action, this seemed like one of them.
I would def call this down if it went call flop/raise turn, but after I 3bet this preflop and 3bet the flop, how can he think he has much of any FE for a semibluff? I've retaken the lead at every opportunity here and he's still raising. I've almost overrepped my hand and yet he doesn't seem to care.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im a big SD monkey, but I've been trying to find a few better folds here and there. Given the action, this seemed like one of them.
I would def call this down if it went call flop/raise turn, but after I 3bet this preflop and 3bet the flop, how can he think he has much of any FE for a semibluff? I've retaken the lead at every opportunity here and he's still raising. I've almost overrepped my hand and yet he doesn't seem to care.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have built the pot to the point where it is usually a mistake folding a hand that may have up to 5 outs if behind and may be best. I will usually call the turn here and sometimes call down and sometimes fold. It is pretty helpful to know if he will free SD you or semibluff a heart draw here or just bluff raise the scare card. Your line is pretty strong though so folding the river has a lot of merit.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:52 PM

i call and c/c river then take notes for the future