Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 11:10 AM

Default CRing a flush draw on ace high board 25NL

he has pos on me, so i figured, i could Cr him here, sinc it could be pos raise. Sometimes hell fold, on rare ocasions hell reraise me. and sometimes hell calls. If he calls i have outs.
And he might check the turn cos hes afraid, and when i hit my flush draw and he calls with an ace, he is more likely to pay me off. Just too bad i dont have position.

at least that was thinking, or is this just -ev play?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $23.15</font>
BB: $13.98
UTG: $23.05
MP: $25
CO: $67.38
BTN: $49.05

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.90, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.75</font>, UTG calls $2

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($9.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($9.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG folds

Pot Size: $16.75
Old 05-01-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: CRing a flush draw on ace high board 25NL

I would make the raise bigger. You have a better chance of taking it down there...and it gets some money in if you hit. However, your check raise worked in that it gave you a free river card.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:28 AM

hows the river bet? I notice that in alot of these situations i dont get called, should i bet like 5$ next time?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:31 AM

Ok so the A is a scare card for him but it's also his most likely holding.

Rather than check raise, I prefer leading out for 3/4 pot+ on this flop. If he raises he probably has an ace. If he calls you could 2 barrel (read dependent of course).

If you check raise you need to make your raise size bigger to get the FE you need for this play. Up to $5+.

As played on the turn I would bet again. This would be bluff/blocker for about $5.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:42 AM

I don't like c/ring ace high boards with bare flush draws as it sets up weird turns when they call. A lead should get him to lay down most non A pairs, but runs the risk of being reraised. River bet size is fine.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:02 PM

i think this is a good play against passive villian especially OOP as it disguises your draw and often gets u a free river.

againsta more agressive villian a bare flush draw is more risky as they are more likely to push as i found out today.

dont mean to hijack but wat if board is low such as in this case is the play the same or different, and does position matter, i.e is it a better play OOP or in position?

villian is 40/5 but quite agressive with strong hands

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($29.03)
BB ($21.95)
UTG ($26.02)
Hero ($24.40)
CO ($16.05)
Button ($26.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J, Q.
UTG raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, 4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.35) 5, 8, 6 (2 players)</font>
UTG bets $1.5</font>, Hero raises to $4</font>, UTG calls $26.02 (All-In), Hero ???
Old 05-01-2007, 12:41 PM

@nuke, really hard spot, i would fold there. I would call anyway with an aggressive opponent. Since they will most likely fire again if u hit on turn or river.

My opponent was pretty passive, u didnt see him reraise really quick.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:21 PM

A check-raise is a dangerous play as you basically have to bet the turn, too. In your case it worked but most villians will see through your move when you check the turn and take it away from you then.

With a flush draw you want to take a line that allows you to see a river card if you miss the turn.