Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Film Avatar

Now that it appears the political drama may be departing ATF for a while, time for some serious stuff. Well, I'll leave that to someone else, because this is the best I could come up with.

Why does it seem that every second new user now has that lame-ass roll of film avatar? Is this now the default or something? Getting tired of these threads where it appears at a quick glance that the same guy is posting several times, when it's actually 6 different people with the same avatar.

Yes, I know...this coming from someone with no avatar. I'm open to suggestions! Hmmm...I may regret saying that...
Old 04-30-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Film Avatar

I switched mine
Old 04-30-2007, 01:35 AM

You should rehost it, also it looks like poop. And how did they make the file size so big?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:56 AM

That is one of the several stock avatars offered in My Home.

As we don't know what's on the film, it's obviously the most exciting and enigmatic, and certainly the one I would choose if I didn't use my developed photograph.

You'll usually find that people who don't use any avatar are aggressive non-conformists and don't want to join in with the club atmosphere of the site. Other "club members" rail against this perceived attitude and any threads that they start usually dissolve quickly into an us and them shouting match. I'd guess that most of the deleted threads were started by the non-av group of interlopers; and certainly virtually all of the traincrashes came about because they had irritated a few of the more hardline avatar-guys, (the ones who design their own avatars and include subtle references to their real life aspirations and achievements).

Old 04-30-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll usually find that people who don't use any avatar are aggressive non-conformists and don't want to join in with the club atmosphere of the site.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn. Really? I just figured it's because we're too freaking lazy to find one. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2007, 08:57 AM

I like the self portraits the best.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That is one of the several stock avatars offered in My Home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know it's one of the stock avatars, but I've never seen so many people with the same avatar appear at one time. I'm hoping it's not the default setting now when people sign up that they are given this avatar...I was pretty sure it was always blank before.

Or maybe 2+2 has started advertising heavily on photgraphy sites? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Perhaps I'm just a big avatar nit that needs to get a life (and an avatar), I dunno.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:09 AM

I strongly prefer the film users over the tiger users.

Ugh, tiger users.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, tiger users.

[/ QUOTE ]

An interesting comment.

I could be wrong, but my own studies on this topic reveal, (disclaimer: up until March 31st; April findings not yet analysed), that the tiger guys are actually timid, calling station types. They quote others' posts; repeat the standard "Internets is business" and its ilk photographs, often out of kilter with the tenor of the thread; FYP; jump forums; etc. This, they think, gives them an aggressive but company-man image, and helps them fit in quietly, albeit at the periphery of the group.

You often find that seeing the tiger's face every time they post scares them in the end, and they move on to the train avatar, hoping this implies they are dangerous opponents, not to be criticised.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Someone gives me "film avatar". Who be messin' wit my internets?