Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 05:30 PM

Default How long before I give up on crypto?

Ive recently started playing the Crypto network to whore some bonus and get some nice rakeback. I figured this would complement my bb/100 nicely. There are usually enough tables for me to 6 table but with little table selection.

So far Ive played 19k hands and my bb/100 is -3. Ive been running horribly and having some nasty nasty beats ( even had 4 aces lose to royal on river which won me $800 badbeat jackpot).

The bonuses and rakeback more than compensate for my losses and im still nicely up on my play there but the fact that Im losing is starting to bug me, coupled with their crappy software which randomly disconnects me.

Is it possible that I suck at PLO on this site? because I honestly thought my luck would start changing after this number of hands and my bb/100 would mirror this.

The player makeup seems to consist of shortstacks and maniacs (scandinavians), is this a tough mix of players to beat?

After scanning pokertracker my biggest leak is AAxx where I get over 50% of my money in preflop I realise the edge with AA is small should i start smoothcalling and fold if no ace shows on flop?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: How long before I give up on crypto?

yes.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:01 PM

no.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:15 PM

You've asked like a million questions at once...

So firstly, are you up or down?! You say you're "up on your play" but yet you're -3bb/100 after 19k hands...so have you broken even with rakeback and bonuses? You must get pretty good bonuses...

Part of being a good player is being able to adapt against a wide variety of players. If you're not comfortable with short-stackers, why employ strict table selection rather than sitting on the only omaha tables going.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:47 AM

There are more fish in other ponds. Quit there as I am in the USA. Never played omaha there.

Not all As are created equal. Double suited is usually OK, but if ss or rb w/ flakey sidecards just call. Consider calling early anyway. Some people never raise with As as that is what everybody thinks you have when you raise. Some people never raise early even with half decent As.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:47 AM

BTW:

I had them send my balance to Neteller. That was a mistake.