Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Having trouble tracking the ball.

My eyesight is OK, but I have an astigmatism called nystagmus, causes my eyes to shake a bit uncontrollably. My vision isn't as strong as it could be as a result. Due to that, I have some trouble tracking the ball in flight, if it's a driver or a long iron. I can track it for a ways, then lose it. My normal glasses don't seem to help much. I haven't experimented too much with colored balls. Is there a piece of equipment (or combination of equipment that would help with this? I was thinking something like polarized sunglasses might help. Any other ideas?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Having trouble tracking the ball.

I've developed some nearsightedness from too much time in front of a computer and theres nothing that will let me see my longer shots. I'm about to try contacts even though i still have 20/20 vision.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:13 PM

Not sure on polarized, might help, but I have played with sunglasses for years, now I dont even go outside without them on, I have light skin and hair and burn easily. Our Oakley rep said that lighter the skin, the darker the lens you need, I noticed years ago that once the ball gets a ways up, you do lose sight of it, I fond it 10 times better with something dark on my face.

tobdog
Old 05-01-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've developed some nearsightedness from too much time in front of a computer and theres nothing that will let me see my longer shots. I'm about to try contacts even though i still have 20/20 vision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I have the problem with my drives where I can follow it just fine, then the dot just disappears. I wonder if the computer thing is the reason why. I have spent so many hours in front of a computer that it seems like a plausible explanation I had not thought of.

Golf is the only thing where my vision fails me. It is weird.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:12 AM

Ditto. Altho sitting in the back of a classroom and trying to read the board is now impossible as well.