Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 06:02 AM

Default Caught lying - took a big gamble to get out of exam

Am I going to get kicked out of school? Any ideas on how I can fix this??? I was really panicking about my Contracts final. We have two semesters of Contracts and I got a C+ last semester which really killed my GPA. I’ve already had two finals and Contracts is next Tuesday. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I decided to try to get out of it by saying that my sister and her husband were killed last night in a car accident.

I went to the Student Advising office this morning. I told them about the accident (I’m really good at making myself cry, so I was very convincing). I threw in a bunch or random specific details so they’d believe me. I said that my parents were going to Ohio this evening to bring my sister’s body back to NY for the funeral on Wednesday. I told them that I needed to go home and help make arrangements and that I was really panicked about my last exam that was scheduled for the day before the funeral. The Dean of Students told me that they would let me take a late withdrawal from Contracts so I wouldn’t have to worry about the final, but that I’d have to repeat the course next year unless I worked something else out with the professor. He called the professor’s secretary for me, and she said that he was actually in his office.

At this point, I figured the best thing for me would be to take some kind of alternate exam in a few weeks, or do some kind of paper or something. I thought the professor would definitely be sympathetic because I never skip his class and he doesn’t know I got a crappy grade last semester.

Anyway, I went to the professor’s office and told him my story. I was still crying and looked like crap. I thought I was doing a great job. He was really sympathetic. He asked me questions about my sister and wanted to know her name. I didn’t even bring up the exam – I wanted to wait for him to offer something so he didn’t get suspicious. After a minute or so, he asked me if I had my cell phone with me and said he needed to make a call to sort something out. I was a bit confused (his office has a phone) but I gave him my cell. He fiddled around with it for a few seconds and then I realized I was seriously [censored]. He called my sister and she picked up. He asked for her by name, then just hung up. He leaned back in his chair, crossed his arms across his chest and just looked at me for what seemed like a really long time. I was terrified. Finally, he began to speak.

He said “Son I’ve made a life out of reading people’s faces and knowing what their cards were by the way they held their eyes. So if you don’t mind me saying, I can see you’re out of aces. For a taste of your whiskey I’ll give you some advice.” So I handed him my bottle and he drank down my last swallow. Then he bummed a cigarette and asked me for a light. And the night got deathly quiet, and his face lost all expression, and he said “if you’re gonna play the game boy, you got to learn to play it right.”

You got to know when to hold’em, know when to fold’em, know when to walk away, and know when to run. You never count your money when you’re sitting at the table, there will be time enough for counting when the dealing’s done. Every gambler knows that the secret to surviving is knowing what to throw away and knowing what to keep, cause every hand's a winner and every hand's a loser, and the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Caught lying - took a big gamble to get out of exam

Did I just get punk'd or something?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:56 AM

At least its original
Old 04-28-2007, 07:22 AM

just trying to share the awesomeness of unexpected song lyrics threads
Old 04-28-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At least its original

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha ha - Caught plagiarizing.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:49 AM

I thought this was pretty good idea for a post really.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:53 AM

hahaha i love ppl who plagiarize stories on message boards
Old 04-28-2007, 08:33 AM

haha well i still lolled
Old 04-28-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this was pretty good idea for a post really.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-28-2007, 09:30 AM

Sorry about your sister, dude.
Closed Thread