Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Party 10k, AK against LAG and TAG

Right what does every1 think. . .
In the party 10k guaranteed mtt. Around 180 left with top 100 getting paid. Average stack is around 30k and im sitting on 48k. I got most of my chips much earlier and its seeming like i havnt played a hand in about a year (completely card dead). Im about 4th biggest stack at my table. UTG (who has been very aggressive and shown some bluffs, who also has about 90k) raises to 2,000 (4xbb), 3 folds and its on me. I have As Ks and I re pop him to 7.5k, it's folded round until the big blind who shoves his 17k all in. This worried me as the bb hasnt got out of line at all from what ive seen. The donkey UTG then shoves his entire stack in. What's my move?? Now im thinking my AK is most probably not the best hand here but it would be a juicy side pot with a player whos not exactly playing purely premium hands. Id even seen him insta calling all ins with JT QJ etc. . . . even if the bb has the nuts my AK is likely good against UTG and the sidepot obviously is the 1 i want to win (62k sidepot, 51k main pot). Am I calling or folding this??
Old 04-24-2007, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Party 10k, AK against LAG and TAG

Actually Id only seen the bb turn over strong hands. From what I remember he had QQ, AQ, TT and the odd mid pair. So Im not really thinking im nething better than a coinflip against him.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:55 AM

lol any help would be great
Old 04-25-2007, 05:14 AM

I'd fold. UTG has to be a total spastic to push over a reraise and reraise push here and someone has some of your outs most of the time. I'd have to think I'm good for the mainpot a lot (and I'm giving BB a QQ+ range here) to make risking my whole stack for the small sidepot worthwhile.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:48 AM

Was very tough for me. I was thinking UTG was perhaps shoving to isolate with a hand like AQ,AJ or a medium pair, he was playing overly loose and aggressively. Perhaps he didnt want to play these sort of hands out of position with that much in the pot, perhaps he doesnt even know the concept of position. Then there was the fact that I just seemed to be folding everything for around an hour. I agree with you, in my head I was sure the bb had QQ minimum but I felt my AK could be way ahead of UTG.