Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Arrive in Crowne Plaza Commerce

Just checked in last afternoon and played a bit $20/$40 Fixed Limit. $5/$10 NL for $400 Fixed Buy-in is WEIIIIIRD. I just wasted 1 hour to prove it. Crowne Plaza isn't quite worth the bucks except for the convenience (There is something money can't buy). Going to get their breakfast now, I will let you guys know if it's worth to get the room with complimentary breakfast [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Arrive in Crowne Plaza Commerce

If by WEIIIIIRD you mean horrible structure and rake, then I totally agree. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The games can be REALLY soft at times though which of course makes you overlook the structure problems short term, but long term - yeesh.

Commerce is the local poker zoo (rivaled only by the atmosphere at Hollywood Park). Wait until you visit the Bike... it's like a library in comparison.

- T
Old 04-24-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just checked in last afternoon and played a bit $20/$40 Fixed Limit. $5/$10 NL for $400 Fixed Buy-in is WEIIIIIRD. I just wasted 1 hour to prove it. Crowne Plaza isn't quite worth the bucks except for the convenience (There is something money can't buy). Going to get their breakfast now, I will let you guys know if it's worth to get the room with complimentary breakfast [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Visit the floor man while you are playing 20/40 and tell him you are staying at the Crown Plaza and he will lower your room rate. Give him a yellow chip to say thanks. Its worth the price, I can assure you.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:29 PM

Sounds like a very solid conclusion. I don't have transport for the next few days so I guess I will just stay @ Commerce and play their good 20/40 FL. Yeah the $5/$10 NL is very soft considering that its toughness online these days. However, I will never give it another try with that structure and rake
Old 04-24-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Visit the floor man while you are playing 20/40 and tell him you are staying at the Crown Plaza and he will lower your room rate. Give him a yellow chip to say thanks. Its worth the price, I can assure you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The floorman @ small stakes area did that for me already. Is the price any different?
Old 04-24-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The floorman @ small stakes area did that for me already. Is the price any different?

[/ QUOTE ]

How much are you paying?
Old 04-24-2007, 03:03 PM

ew 5/10 with 400$ fixed buyin?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ew 5/10 with 400$ fixed buyin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes... and a $7 total drop if the game is full. mmm larceny.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a very solid conclusion. I don't have transport for the next few days so I guess I will just stay @ Commerce and play their good 20/40 FL. Yeah the $5/$10 NL is very soft considering that its toughness online these days. However, I will never give it another try with that structure and rake

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a cab to the Bike and play there. It's not too far. The 5/10 game will be better with a $500 min and no max.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:05 AM

$120 per night, too much?