Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Deep stack AA utg ...

I dont play many deep stack mtts
but from what little I know it is propper to see alot of flop cheap.

So with AA utg what is a good size raise ? to keep out the riff raff .. I assume a 4-5x BB is not a good play ? most want to flop a set & win a huge pot ..

anythoughts ?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Deep stack AA utg ...

Well first, MTT Strategy is where you wanna go to post strategy posts...this forum is just for [censored] talking.

There's nothing wrong with raising 4-5x BB with AA, seems fine to me. If you have a really aggressive table you could try limping then hopefully reraising, but be careful. The point is, there's nothing you can do to prevent someone from thinking that they have odds to try to hit a set. What you have to do is not justify their calls when they hit. If you're hundreds of BBs deep, you need to be able to get away from AA UI when you're beat. When you're 50 BBs deep, there's just no way to find out you're beat in time with AA. When it's hundreds, there is time, and you have to be able to get away. I mean obviously raise as much PF as you think you can get called (you want to build the biggest pot possible, you have aces)...but you can't very well raise 30 BBs or w/e so the guy won't be getting odds. Deep stack poker requires good post-flop play...there's nothing you can do pre-flop to prevent that.