Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 01:33 AM

Default NL100 - Stuck between a Rock & a Hard Place

The SB in this hand is the same LAG reraiser from this hand NL100 - Odd PF Reraise

We've been sparing a bit, and others have joined in the fun. The table is trying to play some poker now.

SB is 48/7/3. I'm in the BB and my image is LAG as well. Button is a weird 21/6/0.5 and is weak-tight, but seems to be opening up now (tilting?).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($22.40)
UTG+1 ($144.80)
MP1 ($23.55)
MP2 ($111.15)
MP3 ($99)
CO ($131.75)
Button (weak-tight)/ ($102.75)
SB (Mr. LAG)/ ($365.10)
Hero ($151.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (weak-tight)/ raises to $3</font>, SB (Mr. LAG)/ calls $2.50, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($9) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Mr. LAG bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4, weak-tight calls $4.

Turn: ($21) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Mr. LAG bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10, weak-tight calls $10.

River: ($51) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Mr. LAG bets $21</font>, Hero calls $21, weak-tight folds.

Final Pot: $93

I'm definately stuck in the middle here, with a LAG on my right, and a Weak-Tightie on my left (but appears to be opening up or tilting).

I really felt like I should raise the flop, and figure out where things are headed, especially with Weak-Tight on my left. But Mr. LAG is capable of playing aggressively, and I didn't think it was right to build a big pot with this hand.

So, my questions - Raise the flop? Anyone find a fold in there somewhere? Or, be content with my station in life and keep calling?

I'm really thinking I should be raising on the flop, though.

Be good,

Augie
Old 04-26-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Re: NL100 - Stuck between a Rock & a Hard Place

IMO You must isolate the LAG on the flop here and do not let the presense of a weak-tight scare you from raising. Give yourself the button holding TPGK against the LAG. You can shut-down if weak-tight calls your raise.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: NL100 - Stuck between a Rock & a Hard Place

[ QUOTE ]
IMO You must isolate the LAG on the flop here and do not let the presense of a weak-tight scare you from raising. Give yourself the button holding TPGK against the LAG. You can shut-down if weak-tight calls your raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I'm with BlueBear... Isolate LAG with a raise to $14. If weak-tight calls you can be 100% sure he's ahead. LAG can have a wide range of hands and you have a positional advantage against him.