Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Folding is for wimps

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Villian has only been around for about 50 hands, running like 28/21 or something in that range. Has been pretty aggressive so far postflop.

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
Old 04-24-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Folding is for wimps

i'd put in a whole lot less action, and any action I gave would be on the smaller streets. I sometimes cap, and if not I usually c/r the flop (donking doesn't really make sense to me). your turn line IMO is total spew - not sure what you are thinking there.

you made the pot too big to fold anywhere. I wouldn't have folded anywhere either but I'd take a more defensive line and the pot would have been a lot smaller. I'm convinced your line is EV- and if you won you got lucky to find someone that spews more than you.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:20 PM

Flop donk makes zero sense if you don't have an idiot read &amp; aren't going to 3bet. On the turn his range gets better when he doesn't check thru and you c/r after picking up more outs to boot, wow. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2007, 11:22 PM

wtf flop donk. I really don't like it because I think you have decreased equity when multiple bets go in. ie you can count on him to bet and at least call your raise with 100% of his range on the flop, but he is likely only raising your donk bet with hands that have you crushed. also it's not like you're denying a free card or anything because he definately isn't taking one.

turn is total spew.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:22 PM

Spayew.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:23 PM

grrr. for some reason I thought I capped it PF.

still bad?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:27 PM

The turn c/r makes even less sense in that case.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:37 PM

What about just calling turn and trying a river c/r unless an A hits? My thinking is that villain's prolly either got a big pp or broadway overcards. If he's got broadway, a turn c/r won't fold them and you'll get 3 bet by big pp's. If you wait for the river to c/r you make one more bet if he's got broadway but if the Ace comes then it's pretty likely that you're beaten so you could probably pretty safely fold. Is this way off here? Is just a plain ol' call down better?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn c/r makes even less sense in that case.

[/ QUOTE ]

...it was one of those dumb things that made sense at the time, but I thought he was aggressive enough to raise the flop with OC's thinking I missed. That combined with I assume people usually fire a second round if checked to HU on a street, and they were bluffing/semi bluffing the previous street* made me think I should C/R to get more value from OC's.

But then I got threebet, cried, then thought the pot was too big to fold, and decided to call, check the river and not know what to do on the river.

I think I gotta start saving hand histories and thinking this through away from the table before I experiment with different lines.

* - doesn't apply to good ol' fashioned flop c-bets
Old 04-24-2007, 11:42 PM

How can you get two bets on the river from overcards? He bet/calls AK?