Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 12:08 AM

Default First hand of $11 NLTRN

this hand is crazy. If this thread ends up flaming me I probably deserve it. haha. But anyways, if this is played wrong (which i assume it is) where do i change how it is played (where to maybe raise, or where to fold). The preflop call is thin but I dont see anything wrong with it.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t1500)
BB (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls t10, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t80</font>, Hero calls t60.

Flop: (t160) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t140</font>, Hero calls t140.

Turn: (t440) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t560</font>, Hero calls t560.

River: (t1560) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t720 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t720 (All-In).

Final Pot: t3000
Old 05-14-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: First hand of $11 NLTRN

I probably fold turn b/c of basically what happened on the river I dont want to play a big pot with TP/WK although the river actually seems like a bad card as the only non-bluff hand in his range (flush draw) got there

I think river call can go either way as I feel youre beat alot but I've seen enough idiot bluffs to make calling not completely bad

Fold turn
as played probably fold but call is fine
Old 05-14-2007, 01:39 AM

Raise preflop to 60, as played fold to preflop raise.

I guess you have to get it in here with top 2 but you are going to see big pairs or better pretty often.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:54 AM

as Hokie said, this is a good hand on the button so raise PF, and as played fold to his raise. You got yourself in a tough spot by calling.

You absolutely have to call the river. You've put in too much of your stack to fold. I actually don't mind calling down peopel like this at the 11s. They've got 88 or KJ or whatever a bunch, especially on the first hand.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:16 PM

Yea, you can't limp medium strength hands and then call those sort of raises post flop without a really good read on villain. Even then, there's no reason to do it as there are much better strategies almost always than to limp call a hand like this.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:43 PM

I think if they raised to 55 I would call this, and if this was, say 20 hands in and they were raising alot I think I would call this 80 raise.

But what does everyone think of the flop? Surely you have to raise here to about 450? Or is that too much HU when there is less chance 1 opponent has a flush draw?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:07 PM

You are beaten badly here. Fold on the turn. He either has a better 10, or an overpair. Looks like you may have gotten lucky on the river, but I'd say there's a 60/40 chance that you still lost to an overpair and his overpair + 33 still beat you. Outside chance he was on a flush draw w/2 overs.