Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 10:39 AM

Default 50NL: Big draw, awkward turn

Not sure what to do on this turn. Check raise again? Or lead biggish/smallish or somewhere inbetween?

I'm playing tight, like 16/15/4 or 16/12/3, something like that.

He views me as anywhere from above to 25/24 or somethin of that sort. AF probably ranging from 2-4.

Villian is 28/21/2.5 and a regular at 50NL.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($84.70)
SB ($77.40)
Hero ($63.80)
UTG ($50)
MP ($29)
CO ($41.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $3.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $11</font>, Button calls $7.75.

Turn: ($25.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: 50NL: Big draw, awkward turn

I'd probably bet 22 and call a shove, I think your K outs are good here.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:21 PM

I don't think the turn is that awkward. Your hand very likely improved. Bet around pot and call shove.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:51 PM

I think I like check-raising all-in here. As long as he doesn't have a set you have a ton of outs. You'll trap some more dead money in there if that K scares him and he folds.

Him checking behind isn't so bad because we get to draw for free and he might pay off some on the river because we checked the turn and are now trying to bluff the river.

Anyone agree?
Old 04-20-2007, 01:07 PM

it is an awkward card because him just calling his preflop agression is either saying, he's got a couple things: a ten, a spade/straight draw or a set. I think you need to c/c here. if he had a hand like QJ you're dead to a spade for the win or a q for the split. best case scenario he had a ten, and is not going to call a big bet here, but if you check call you could be saying to him your tens are good and he'll pay you off on the river if no spade hits.

I'm not a huge fan of the cr allin. what hands can you put him on that he'll call an all-in and you have him beat?
Old 04-20-2007, 01:34 PM

I would not c/r the flop. But given how you got there, double c/r looks hot.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:55 PM

I like a c/r here as your hand is well disguised. He will have trouble folding Tx/JJ/QQ type hands also because you will be giving him such good pot odds as the stacks are small in relation to the pot. If he checks behind then you can make a 1/2-2/3 pot vb on the river.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:22 PM

Does anyone like a c/c here??
Old 04-20-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'm pretty surprised people are saying this line is good. I think that whatever he bets with on the turn, he's going to have a tendency to bet much bigger than me (like 22-&gt;pot) so I don't get to set my drawing odds in case I'm behind as favorable. He will also be too pot stuck to fold, and I think a scared QQ/JJ may overcall this turn.

Getting pushed over top sucks, but I think my king outs are normally good.

I think check/calling makes me hand way to transparent as I would only ever even consider that line with a draw. Also I doubt I would check/raise this card with a set. I'm more likely to bet somewhere between 15 and all in.

The other problem with check raising is if he has QQ/JJ he won't bet that turn and probably doesn't call the river if the flush hits. I think he'll overcall the turn if I donk him hoping that I have the nut flush draw or something and I still haven't hit it yet.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and what's wrong with check/raising the flop? looking back on it I think bet/3bet is probably a better line, but I'm not sure.

the river was pretty interesting:
Turn: ($25.75) K[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]Hero bets $18</font>, Button calls $18.

River: ($61.75) 9[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
Hero ??

NOTE: the 9 PAIRS the board. Just in case u didn't notice, and it completes my flush.