Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 04:10 PM

Default I really love overbetting strong hands on the river, part 100

No stats, but I have reads. Villain probably has a very high VPIP. He has been calling almost all my preflop raises. My pfr is pretty high, especially from late position. He has been folding to my c-bets maybe like 60% heads up, but likes to float. I can't recall him ever donkbetting into me before this. Still, he likes to play back at people and be in the action. I like him.
IMPORTANT: I have overbet shoved the river once before against him, and he folded. Villain was my opponent in this hand, where he called ( [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ), and saw my hand.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $14.40
BB: $11.05
UTG: $12.75
MP: $11.40
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $15.55</font>
BTN: $7.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds
Uncalled bet of $0 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.90) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.20</font>, Hero calls $1.20

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($3.30) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.10</font>, Hero calls $1.10

<font color="black">River:</font> ($5.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.70</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $12.85</font>
Old 04-19-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: I really love overbetting strong hands on the river, part 100

i dont understand the purpose of this thread
Old 04-19-2007, 04:21 PM

Meh, I don't think it's optimal. Regardless of what he's seen you do in the other hand, this just looks too much like a slowplayed 6, and he is going to fold anything you beat. I would make it more like $5 - $6.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's something we do in this forum, we post hands and ask our fellow posters to give us some thoughts on how we played the hand. Did you get confused by the thread title?
Old 04-19-2007, 04:24 PM

ye sorry my bad - in the absence of the op explicitly asking qus about a part of the hand or for opinions i thought it was just a brag style thing.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand correctly, the point is to demonstrate how we can sometimes make counterintuitive plays based on our table image and history with a specific villain. However, this is not one of those cases.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:30 PM

Oh right, no in no way a brag.. I didn't even post results, for all you guys know I might have lost the hand.

I'm not telling you this was a good play, I'm asking for a line check.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:11 PM

Ill brag, mines better

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
5 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

<u>Hero (SB): $26.05</u>
<u>BB: $29.60</u>
<font color="black">UTG: $40.75</font>
CO: $29.20
BTN: $35.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.75</font>, UTG calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($2.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $2.25</font>, UTG calls $2.25, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $25.30</font>, BB calls $23.05, UTG folds

<font color="black">River:</font> ($55.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $55.10 ($2.75 Rake)
Old 04-19-2007, 05:16 PM

I don't really like it. I don't think a 6 is a huge part of his range, and hands like JT, AJ, etc. can fold this, since it's a pretty scary board for those hands. Villain could easily suspect you of having a 6 and dumping his 2 pair.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:50 PM

I'm not sure why everybody seems to be 'hatin' on OP here. Wether his play was optimal or not is debateable, but shoving the river with big hands like this has it's merits. Personally I'm surprised by the action on previous streets that villain calls this since his bets look kind of weak like he may be trying to get a weak Ace to showdown cheaply by donking each street. This is NL10 though people, and no donkey is folding AJ or AT here. Sorry, but it is'nt happening. They arent giving him credit for KQ. I'd guess that a lot of players with 60+VpIP at NL10 cant even get away from AJ preflop to a shove, let alone after they've made top 2.