Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 06:10 AM

Default Cardrunners for SSSH Folk

This is slightly off-topic, but not so much. Have any of you guys found Cardrunners to be helpful for people who play min-bet, like us, or are they much more focused on no-limit play? It seems like a pretty good site, but I don't want to sign up and find that they really only cover high-stakes no-limit.

Also, do you guys know where I can purchase the Stoxtrader hand database?

Thanks dudes,

Brass
Old 04-16-2007, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Cardrunners for SSSH Folk

they have hardly (if any) limit videos, so i dont recommend it for a limit player, if your taking up NL then its definately worht the money tho
Old 04-16-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they have hardly (if any) limit videos, so i dont recommend it for a limit player, if your taking up NL then its definately worht the money tho

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, great, thanks. What about the Stoxtrader website?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, great, thanks. What about the Stoxtrader website?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definetely worth the money!!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:38 AM

I've been really happy with deathdonkey joetall and entity's site deucescracked.com. lots of really well done small stakes LHE videos. check it out.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been really happy with deathdonkey joetall and entity's site deucescracked.com. lots of really well done small stakes LHE videos. check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

these are the only poker videos I've ever watched (holla free samples though) and they are good IMO. They actually explain themselves on pretty much every street.

HUGE downside though. Now every time I read one of DD's posts I hear his voice in my head saying the post out loud. Very awkward.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

these are the only poker videos I've ever watched (holla free samples though) and they are good IMO. They actually explain themselves on pretty much every street.

HUGE downside though. Now every time I read one of DD's posts I hear his voice in my head saying the post out loud. Very awkward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their posts on 2+2 have always been quality. They also have their own forum now. But for a 1/2 player, I just can't justify $29 a month yet. I'm sure down the road I could recoup that, but its tough decision on limited information.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:16 AM

That's the tough part about coaching, et/c for SSSH. Most players can't afford it. Not that they don't have the $ but just that most players, myself included, keep poker $ with poker $, and other money elsewhere.

EDIT: But TBH I don't know 1 person that regrets hiring a coach or paying for a site like this, at least not the people I know who coach [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Their posts on 2+2 have always been quality. They also have their own forum now. But for a 1/2 player, I just can't justify $29 a month yet. I'm sure down the road I could recoup that, but its tough decision on limited information.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta be sick like me, and not have RB yet, sign up for RB for FTP under DC(was only JoeTall RB when I signed up under it), and get free access when you clear $500 MGR [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (didn't move to FTP yet, but that is whats happening when I do)
Old 04-16-2007, 01:58 PM

I am not critizing Cardrunners here it is excellent for 6 max NLHE and by the far the best instructional site in terms of quality/presentation and everything else.
However it is a total waste of time for a Limit player. Think there is 3 limit videos out of 300.