Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Swap Lives with Someone from History

In the "Ask Anacardo" thread in the lounge, Stuey came out with this absolute beauty and I think that this deserves its own thread;

[ QUOTE ]
Name one person from history you would like to trade places with. You get to live his or her life and he or she gets to live yours. If you could change a few things about his or her life and experiences which would you change and why? If he or she could change your life and experiences up to this point what do you think they would change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately by posting this I'm going to have to answer the questions as well, which is a bit difficult. Namely because I'm sure that after reading other peoples responses I'm going to want to change my mind. But anyway, here goes nothing.

If I was going to choose somebodies life and not change anything, I'd pick Alexander Dumas, the 19th century French author of "The Three Musketeers". This dude lived one hell of a life in high society and then had the great good fortune to pass away in his sleep with a much younger woman in his arms and what I presume was a smile on his lips. But mainly because this was a guy who took what little opportunities he had and ran like hell with them. So I'd like him to take my life to see if he could make more of the opportunities and talents that I have.

If I was going to pick someone and change something about their life, I'd swing with Jimi Hendrix. The dying in a pool of my own vomit part I'd change to a quiet night in with the folks.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Swap Lives with Someone from History

W.C. Fields.
as for what i would change id wait until noon to start drinking, perhaps lose a little weight, and that might extend my life another ten years.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:06 AM

Does this have to be for the rest of our lives or can we live a year in their life? Id be fun to be Steven Spielberg for awhile, and Hugh Heffner back in the day. If it wasnt permanent I would change anything about those guys when I became them.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:07 AM

And this may sound horrible, but assuming it wasnt permanent id like to live as a dictator for only a day (Stalin say), just to feel what absolute power is like.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 AM

I read this title many times and it still said "swap wives with someone from history" to me, which struck me as an odd topic.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:17 AM

For me I think I'd like to be somebody from the Revolutionary War period of American History (I'm a history nut...) so I'd probably say either someone like Thomas Jefferson or George Washington. Although neither would probably want my life.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:09 PM

JFK. Whether I could change history or not. I'd definitely be checking out the grassy knoll, even though LHO was the shooter.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:18 PM

Being Feynman would be pretty sweet. Incredibly smart physicist that gets laid a lot and is immortalized as a folk legend; that seems pretty fun.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:58 PM

I am certain I don't actually know the exact person I would choose. That is because immense wealth would mean a lot but fame would be a downside. I could not deal with the trappings of fame. Give me the guy who invented something and lived the ultimate high roller lifestyle on the royalties. Or the rich grandson of some Rockefeller or something. A life where I can have everything I want but can be as anonymous as a super wealthy guy could be. Must include the love of family and a wife who likes threesomes with models too.

KJS
Old 04-14-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Being Feynman would be pretty sweet. Incredibly smart physicist that gets laid a lot and is immortalized as a folk legend; that seems pretty fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be really interested in talking to him about the questions that he obviously got "wrong" on his IQ tests.