Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 12:34 PM

Default c-bet and river decision

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Would you make this c-bet ? Im not sure if it was a good idea with 4 villains. Maybe i should have made it if there were only 3 villains or if the board was all rainbow.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero...

Villain was quite unknown. I saw him open limp from CO with AQ few hands earlier. Then he called down unimproved. Sounds like a bad player to me, so go figure. But there´s still SB to act behind me.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: c-bet and river decision

Give me 44 and I call. Here, I fold. With one to act behind you, in what is now a 3way pot, I don't think K-high is good often enough.

c-bet is ok. I'm not sure I'd have raised pf. Pot is multi-way already, you have a hand that usually can't stand too much heat and I don't want to bloat the pot with it. Rather, have the rest of the table come for the ride and flop a str8.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:43 PM

Meh...b/f the turn. Ck behind on teh rivah.

-J
Old 04-15-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I'd have raised pf. Pot is multi-way already, you have a hand that usually can't stand too much heat and I don't want to bloat the pot with it. Rather, have the rest of the table come for the ride and flop a str8.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he can buy the button and chase the blinds, it's a fine raise. He accomplished the former, but not the latter. One black mark against raising KJ comes when the limpers are so tight/passive preflop that they'll limp anything that dominates it — since he has such a read on MP1, I like it less than I normally would.

And Jaran is right. If you're even thinking about investing 1 BB to call a river bet UI, then you should have put it in on the turn, intending to fold to a raise. But calling this river is dumb. What do you think you're beating?
Old 04-15-2007, 01:25 PM

While I don't know that I raise KJo pre with 2 limpers before me, it's not something I find repulsive.

As played the Cbet is fine to me. It's a combination Cbet/free card play. You got 2 streets for your one small bet. So as long as you folded this river I think you played it fine.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:35 PM

I didn´t think of investing 1 bet for calling on the river, because obviusly i didn´t know the board was going to double pair, thus making it more likey he didn´t have a hand. I was thinking i might beat a bluff from a bad player. Thanks for the replies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2007, 01:48 PM

What marchron wrote about pf raise in this situation sounds good imo. I wouldn't make the c-bet for the reasons you've mentioned.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:56 PM

pfr is standard for me. i'm surprised you're not getting more flak about it from the nits.

flop is the closest decision. your cbet is taking it down approximately never. however, you have a decent draw (your overs are usually good + weak BDSD) and you often get a free river, so i'm ok with it.

if you had A-high instead of K-high, i'd be down to bet turn/check river. as is, check turn/check (or fold) river looks better. nh.