Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Going to Vegas May 22-29th, want to know where the 2/5NL action is

Where are the loosest 2/5NL games during the week? How about the weekend? We are staying at the Sahara so I would like to stay on the strip.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Going to Vegas May 22-29th, want to know where the 2/5NL action is

Didn't see 2/5 NL when I was at Sahara, but I played 1/2NL and the action was loose and aggressive. Can make a lot of money right were you are staying.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:39 PM

What max are you comfortable with (if any)?

Sahara only runs 1/2 It has a $500 max and runs at night. They are not good for cash games, but have the best cheap tourney in town, at $62 for 5K chips, 20 min levels, and 25/25 blinds to start.

2/5 at Bellagio has a $500 max and is the smallest NL they offer, so it is better then most some of the time.

Venetian has 2/5 with a 1K max. Good game that is always running.

Caesars has no cap on thier 2/5 (thier 1/3 has a $500 max, just like at TI).

None of Wynn's NL games are capped.

2/5 is pretty good everywhere. I play 1/3 with a $500 max as my standard game, as it plays like a 2/5 but is still entry level enough that it is mostly new players and tourists most of the time (TI).
Old 04-12-2007, 02:42 PM

I loved the 1/3 NL at the TI (and other places with the larger buyins) but it was so hit or miss on getting one going that it was frustrating.

Is it going more regularly now? I was going buy about 5 or 6 PM during the week and getting frustrated so I moved over to the 1/2 at the venetian. (which is decent but not great)
Old 04-12-2007, 02:47 PM

The loosest 2/5 game I've played in Vegas -- by far -- was at Caesars. Not only is it the most beautiful room on the strip, but the 2/5 game has no cap so it plays really loose and a bit more like a higher game. I played during the week and the game consisted mostly of Asian gamblers who were not really poker players. One guy saw every single flop for the few hours I played! You can read my trip report from the session here

The Bellagio has the toughest games at that limit followed by a close second with the Mirage -- they are that tough, just better players. The Palms and the Rio of pretty loose and juicy games.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I loved the 1/3 NL at the TI (and other places with the larger buyins) but it was so hit or miss on getting one going that it was frustrating.

Is it going more regularly now? I was going buy about 5 or 6 PM during the week and getting frustrated so I moved over to the 1/2 at the venetian. (which is decent but not great)

[/ QUOTE ]

It runs every day on at least one or two tables starting in the early afternoon through the night. Usually not in the morning, but as I am never there in the morning, that is just what I have heard.

Mon-Wed it us usually on 2 tables. On Thurs-Sun it is usually 2-3 tables in the evening. During the day on the weekday, it is usually on one table, until about 4PM or so when they open a second one.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:11 PM

The only places to find 2/5 with regularity are: Wynn, Venetian, Mirage, Caesars, Bellagio, MGM and slightly off strip Rio and Palms. And Mandalay has a 2/4 that's similar to 2/5. Probably all poker rooms will spread it if they have demand, but they rarely get demand.

My personal favorites are Bellagio, Rio, and Palms. 2/5 is the lowest no-limit found in each of these rooms, so you get the random folks dropping in who wanna play that all-in game they've seen on TV and without NL1/2 to fall back on they end up in the 2/5 game. But the 2/5 games are also infested with locals and I've visited Palms where I recognized 25 of the 30 players in the room so it's not always great.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:46 PM

Another question..... Are the preflop raises larger in the uncapped games?? I am used to 2/5 here in atlantic city where every room has a 100BB cap.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:51 PM

I've only played at the mgm grand poker room, a mistake on my part, during the weekend it was pretty soft, but overall decent players with a few that you need to stay out of the way of. I played on monday and that was by far the toughest day I played on the 9th just a couple days ago.

I would recommend moving around and finding what atmosphere you feel best at, and also take in consideration of rake and comp offers.

You'll have fun, I know I did, and I got a lot more respect and good action when I was dressed pretty well compared to tshirt and jeans on monday and not getting any respect.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another question..... Are the preflop raises larger in the uncapped games?? I am used to 2/5 here in atlantic city where every room has a 100BB cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't noticed any difference. Usually from $20 to $25.