Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 02:01 AM

Default Juggernaut of Shrillness

The coming Juggernaut of Shrillness -

The pre-election hooey is always grand theater and aficionados of imbecility and the moronic pronouncements of demagogues have much to feed on. A perfect example was found on Jim Lehrer News Hour last Friday with the interview of Howard Dean and some Republican Party Mouthpiece sponging off justifications for their particular brand of hogwash and making asinine predictions and pontificating their visions of peace, prosperity, and a Hyundai in every trailer park.

But that is just the warm up. Considering the extra hoopla and hype if the democrats take the house (an almost certainty in my opinion) and/or the Senate, then the shrillness will be taken to highs of fancy not seen in many a year. Probably not since the impeachment circus of Billy Bob, suck my knob, Clinton.

Nancy Pelosi will lead the pack of hyenas along with Howard Dean and a whole host of other Demo lackeys. Note that threads are already started here in anticipation of the winners have a field day ushering in the New Jerusalem, Saving the Planet, punishing evil corporations, and redistributing money to the truly worthy according to their own agenda and utopian principles. The new leaders will be the new messiahs, the gods of justice and goodwill, that will promise it all and their bamboozled and blind constituents will lap up the spew they dish out like ice cream on a hot summer day.

Tuesday night and Wednesday should be very quotable days for some gorgeous hooey.

Le Misanthrope
Old 11-07-2006, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Juggernaut of Shrillness

Once the democrats win the House and if they take the Senate (a good possiblity) how long (in months) before impeachment proceedings are started against Bush and Cheney?

Just a marker statement, as the OP was, for use later.

-Zeno
Old 11-07-2006, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once the democrats win the House and if they take the Senate (a good possiblity) how long (in months) before impeachment proceedings are started against Bush and Cheney?

Just a marker statement, as the OP was, for use later.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if they took both, there would be no impeachment proceedings. The Dems know they would embarass themselves more than GWB.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:00 AM

It's funny how, god forbid a female gets in a position of power, and words such as "shrill" make their appearance. Previously I saw "shrill" used only to describe Hillary. Now it's used for Pelosi.

It's quite digusting.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:26 AM

Zeno, I take it you're John the Baptist in this scenario, preparing the way for shrillness with shrillness.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny how, god forbid a female gets in a position of power, and words such as "shrill" make their appearance. Previously I saw "shrill" used only to describe Hillary. Now it's used for Pelosi.

It's quite digusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing disgusting is Hillary and Pelosi.

I've used shrillness to describe all politicos irrespective of stripes, gender, hypocrisy, brains (or lack thereof) or other distinguishing features.

Queen Bee Hilary is a megalomaniac and Nancy Pelosi is a poltroon and a sniveling Party Hack. Both are shrill. So is Kennedy. So is Howard Dean. So are most politicians, that's how they get elected.

Once Ms. Pelosi gets her hands on more power she will set herself up as the new Aphrodite of American Democracy and demand worship from the throbbing masses. The herd will, of course, oblige.

-Zeno
Old 11-07-2006, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Zeno, I take it you're John the Baptist in this scenario, preparing the way for shrillness with shrillness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wilderness Bison, not scenario. Please get the references correct.

In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judea, and saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. - Matthew ch.3 v. 1-2, KJV.

-John the Baptist
Old 11-07-2006, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once Ms. Pelosi gets her hands on more power she will set herself up as the new Aphrodite of American Democracy

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Pelosi is the lesser of two evils.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Once Ms. Pelosi gets her hands on more power she will set herself up as the new Aphrodite of American Democracy

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Pelosi is the lesser of two evils.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is certainly a possibility, my opinion is that it is a remote possiblity but time will tell.

-Zeno
Old 11-07-2006, 02:39 PM

I posted the pics as an aesthetic comparison between the two. Hastert is +300 pounds, but Pelosi was probably hot 20 years ago. I'm just saying I agree with your Aphrodite comparison [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]