Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is talking about stuff +EV?
Yes, getting stuff out in the open is the right thing to do 112 65.50%
bad move anacardo, just be quiet and let rumors take their course 41 23.98%
no answer 18 10.53%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Dealers that make you get up and leave

We have this one dealer where I play at whom I think is crazy. He reacts to my presence at the table in such a weird way that it makes me uncomfortable. I have never said much to him, I try to be a quiet player, yet this doesnt solve the problem, so lately I just decided to get up while he does his 1/2 hr stint at the table. I have never done this for any other dealers. How many of you know dealers whom cause you to leave the table due to their inefficiency, poor attitude, or whatever?

-J
Old 04-23-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Dealers that make you get up and leave

I've had dealers that help out regulars with rulings. The regular will show his hand to a buddy before mucking and raking in the pot. I'll ask IWTSTH, and she will say "oh, no, he didn't show anyone" and muck before I can complain. If it happens a second time I'm gone. Not worth being nitty and calling the floor about, but you can't help but worry about what else she might be willing to do for regulars.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:13 PM

C'mon, give us details on what he does.

Most of the people I see who leave a table due to a dealer do so because they're superstitious and feel the dealer is bad luck, targeting them with their majikal bad card juju, etc. They're also addicts, so they usually can't make it through the entire down away from the potential jackpot.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:21 PM

yea, i want some more details on his actions that make u feel uncomfortable
Old 04-23-2007, 02:49 PM

On occasion I'll find a dealer that won't shut their mouths and sometimes it slows the game down. If I had just taken a bad beat when they come to the table I don't want to hear their bs right away. At times I may leave the table for a little break (probably just 5-10 minutes tops) while they're dealing, or take a lunch break when they come to the table.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:53 PM

There is (or at least was about six months ago) this one moron at the Beau Rivage that was just plain incompentent. He couldn't shuffle right, deal right, put out a flop right, anything. That idiot will never deal another hand to me unless I'm in a tournament and I get stuck with him.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had dealers that help out regulars with rulings. The regular will show his hand to a buddy before mucking and raking in the pot. I'll ask IWTSTH, and she will say "oh, no, he didn't show anyone" and muck before I can complain. If it happens a second time I'm gone. Not worth being nitty and calling the floor about, but you can't help but worry about what else she might be willing to do for regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a nit. stop asking to see other peoples mucked hands.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a nit. stop asking to see other peoples mucked hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they weren't mucked, they were selectively shown.

When villian might have bluffed me out of a $100 pot with an all-in move, then shows one end of the table, you're damn right I'm going to ask to see it.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:26 PM

I rarely play that stupid Florida B&M game, but on the rare occasion I head out to Dania Jai Alai, there's a dealer there that irritates the bejeebers out of me with his smug knows-everything attitude. He'll go so far as to criticize people's play and explain correct strategy as he's shuffling for the next hand. If I see him at the box ready to work at my table, I'll take a 30-minute break.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... explain correct strategy ...

[/ QUOTE ]
I would find an explanation of correct strategy for Florida $2 no fold em bingo very interesting.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]