Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Playing to dam long

Went to AC and I played to long. I played for 15 hours straight. I busted out a couple of buyins and found a juicy table. I won back my buy in plus more money. However, playing 15 hours is to long. Im not sure why I played so long though. Any normal person should have gotten up and tried another day. However, I met a dealer and his friend and we just started grinding out some more rounds. I was down in a big hole, but we all found a juicy table and I won my buy in and more money. The dealer busted out b/c he was tired and he had to work in two hours. But I still stayed and than I started taking people down.

Probably the reason I think I have to play so long is because I use my personality obviously as a way to keep players in the game. I like to talk a lot to distract and gain information about people not just poker related too. You can meet some cool people and learn somethings too. Next, I think I misread some poker info. and believe that I should keep trying to increase the length I play at a table. What do you guys believe is a good length of time to play at a table? I hate when tables break and other players give you an attitude for leaving early. Its stuck in my head because one time I left a table to get my friend and this guy told me "You only played for two hours where you going?" For some reason when Im going to leave I think of that. I also don't know how I should leave either. Like do you just get up and say by goes Im gone and ignore all comments? Last reason I play so long is b/c I play tight and aggressive. May actually play super tight. If I miss the flop I start to bluff, but I don't play straight up garbage and flop trash. I normally play cash games so I don't see the need for over bluffing. That itself drives you tilt. To help me walk away early I was thinking of just taking one buy in to the card room or maybe setting up something important to do so after a certain time period I can walk away from the table. Also one step Im going to make myself is to stop playing so much internet, take the rest of this month and start playing 2-3 times a week live and thats it. Any comments or suggestions you can give will be greatly appreciated.